BPI Training Courses & Certifications
- BPI Continuing Education (CEU) Choose a pre-set CEU package or select individual courses to meet your CEU requirement.
BPI Energy Modeling & WorkScope
13.5 BPI CEU This course satisfies BPI’s requirement for 6 CEUs of training on software modeling and work scope development in order to waive your written renewal exam.
BPI Building Analyst
8 BPI CEU Learn how to perform a comprehensive energy audit and provide recommendations to save energy, improve comfort and increase a home's safety and durability.
BPI Building Envelope
7 BPI CEU Learn how to resolve problems related to the building shell, such as moisture, ice dams, mildew and drafts.
- BPI Analyst & Envelope COMBO Learn how to perform a comprehensive energy audit, provide work scope recommendations and resolve problems related to the building shell.
2.5 BPI CEU Learn how to conduct energy audits and prepare work scope recommendations for multifamily residential buildings.
- BPI Infiltration and Duct Leakage (IDL) Become qualified to perform blower door and duct leakage tests on new homes, as required by IECC 2009 and IECC 2012 building codes.
BPI Building Science Principles
12 BPI CEU Learn the basics of building science. Great for anyone entering the home performance industry.
BPI Weatherization Installer (RBE-WHALCI)
12 BPI CEU Learn specific methods to tighten the building envelope and install insulation in order to reduce energy loss, improve comfort and minimize pollutants caused by air migration.
- BPI Quality Control Inspector Gain all of the knowledge, skills and abilities you'll need to perform the tasks required by a BPI Quality Control Inspector.
- BPI Retrofit Installer Differentiate yourself from other Retrofit Installers with the most advanced certification in the industry!
Building Science Multi-certification
28 BPI CEU Ramp up quickly on your "Green IQ" and add instant credibility with 3 certifications from BPI and RESNET.
- BPI Exams & Prep Materials For BPI Building Analyst or Envelope certification renewal or re-test.
About BPI : The Building Performance Institute
What is BPI?
The Building Performance Institute is recognized internationally as a leader in the building performance industry and continues to set the standard in the field. Through the credentialing of individuals and organizations, the Building Performance Institute ensures that a vigorous quality assurance program is maintained.
BPI certification is for those working in the retrofit market for existing homes. BPI Building Analyst certification is the industry standard, and the starting point for most people who get a BPI certification. BPI Building Analysts are among the most highly respected in the industry. In addition, BPI offers several other certifications for various specialties. Speak to a Green Training USA Course Advisor to find out which training best meets your needs. Call 1-800-518-1877.
Watch Videos with BPI's Top Exec, Larry Zarker
- Why Become a BPI Analyst? Click to Watch
- Why Get the BPI Analyst/Envelope COMBO? Click to Watch
- What's BPI's RBE-WH-ALCI Certification? Click to Watch
- BPI, RESNET or NATE? Click to Watch
Who Recognizes BPI Standards?
BPI standards are recognized nationally across the US as well as internationally. As such, an increasing number of home energy professionals are opting to get their BPI certification in addition to their other qualifications.
Many utility programs now require that consumers have audits and retrofit work (conforming to BPI standards) done by BPI certified analysts and contractors in order to qualify for their incentive or rebate programs. Other local utilities are offering discounts or reimbursement for energy audits and retrofits performed by BPI certified auditors and accredited contractors.
Furthermore, a growing number of communities (Austin, TX and Montgomery County, MD for example) now require home energy audits by a certified energy auditor on all homes at the time of sale. In regard to BPI standards, this represents a tremendous opportunity for those analysts who are qualified to perform these audits.
or request a consultation...