BPI Infiltration and Duct Leakage (IDL)
Sometimes referred to as Duct and Envelope Tightness (DET), BPI’s IDL Certification qualifies you to perform blower door and duct leakage tests on new homes, as required by IECC 2009 and IECC 2012 building codes. In the self-paced online course you will learn the principles of air movement and causes of air leaks, how ventilation relates to overall air leakage in a home, and ventilation system requirements. During our 30-minute IDL Field Exam-Prep Video, watch a demonstration, step-by-step, how to perform each of the tasks required to successfully pass BPI’s IDL Exam.
Course Package: $799
Course Package Includes:
- 5.5 hours of online multimedia training with a video instructor
• Available 24/7 • Learn at your own pace • Review as often as you like
- Phone access to instructors to answer your questions
- 30 minute IDL Field Exam-Prep Video
- Our IDL Field Exam Checklist to follow during your IDL Exam
- INSTANT ONLINE ACCESS – View on PC, Laptop, Tablet, iPad, iPhone and Android
- Proctored BPI Field Exam - Anywhere you like! (No written exam required)
- Our 300% Iron-Clad Success and Satisfaction Guarantee
Who Should Take This Course
- Insulation & weatherization contractors/sub-contractors
- Home inspectors
- Code officials
- HVAC technicians
- Anyone who needs to perform air leakage and duct leakage testing
- Principles of air movement
- Causes and sources of air leaks
- How ventilation relates to overall air leakage in a home
- Ventilation system requirements
- How to set up and operate a blower door and manometer
- How to set up and operate a duct tester
- How to interpret results and determine IECC Compliance
BPI IDL Certification Exam
To earn your BPI IDL certification you must pass the field exam with a score of 85% or higher. You will have 1.5 hours to complete the field exam, which is conducted by a Green Training USA proctor by appointment at your location. There is no written exam.
Once you are comfortable with the material and required tasks, simply call 1-800-518-1877 to schedule your field exam.
Candidates must provide their own blower door and duct testing equipment. You can purchase Retrotec equipment from Green Training USA at a special discount. Call 1-800-518-1877 for details.
Access the online training and Field Exam-Prep Video immediately upon registration. Available 24/7, learn at your own pace, review any material as needed.
IDL Field Exam
Once you are comfortable with the material and required tasks, call 1-800-518-1877 to schedule your field exam at your location.
Candidates must provide their own blower door and duct testing equipment.
Course Package: $799