BPI Air Leakage Control Installer (ALCI)
In this course you'll learn specific methods to tighten the building envelope in order to reduce energy loss from air leakage and minimize pollutants and allergens caused by air migration. You will also learn how to improve thermal comfort and energy efficiency through the proper installation of dense-pack insulation materials.
This course is based on the U.S. Department of Energy’s standardized curriculum.
This Course is BPI Recognized for 12 CEU Credits
|Flexible Training Options||Option 1
Multimedia & Materials Only
We Provide Equipment
|Online Multimedia Course (24 hrs)
On-demand, start & stop when you want, 90-day access. Includes practice final exam and questions after each session to reinforce learning
|Phone & Email Support
Access to instructors to answer your questions
|Classroom Instruction||--||1.5 Days||1.5 Days|
|Hands-On Lab Instruction||--||2 Days||2 Days|
|1 Day Practical Certification Exam||--|
|BPI Practical Exam Fee
For BPI RBE-WH-ALCI Certification
|Exam Proctor Fee||--|
|Props for Field Training||--|
|Our 300% Iron-Clad Success and Satisfaction Guarantee|
|Register||Call to Register:
|Call to Register:
Why Take This Course
- After successfully completing a certification package for this course, students will be qualified to work as a professional air sealing technician and insulation installer.
- Graduates who successfully pass the practical exam will become certified as a BPI Air Leakage Control Installer (ALCI Certification - formerly RBE-WHALCI).
- This certification is a prerequisite to take the Weatherization Crew Chief training.
- Earn 12 BPI CEU credits for continuing education.
Who Should Take This Course
- Construction-related business owners and employees
- Incumbent workers with or without construction experience
- Unemployed or underemployed
- Anyone, at any level, looking for a new skill or career
- BPI-certified professionals who want to earn 12 CEU credits for continuing education
Learn From The Best!
Your instructor, Dallas Jones is a nationally recognized educator and curriculum developer with over 25 years of teaching experience. He currently serves on the RESNET Training and Education Committee. His certifications include: HERS Rater, Rater Trainer, ASNT Level 1 Thermographer, BPI Building Analyst, Envelope Specialist and Field Examiner. He also holds advanced BPI certifications including BPI Energy Auditor, Quality Control Inspector, and Retrofit Installer.
How is Our Online Multimedia Training Better than Classroom Training?
No Travel Time & ExpenseWith online training there's no travel time or expense, no time away from your family, and no time away from work. The average company loses around $500/day for each employee missing work. Can you afford that?
FlexibilityStudy when you want, where you want.
Learn at Your Own SpeedOur online training is self-paced, so you can learn at your own speed and review anything at any time. With classroom learning, the instructor may go too fast or too slow for you, and you don't get the chance to review until you're completely lost.
ConsistencyOur online instructors never have a bad day, never fumble over an explanation, and never cancel class.
Help When You Need ItIf you have questions, an instructor is just a phone call or email away! And our Frequently Asked Questions section has common questions asked by students.
Easy to UseIf you can send an email, you can use our online learning system.
Education Built for AdultsOur instructors have decades of experience teaching adults, and present the materials in multiple ways to help you understand and retain the information.
Earn Multiple Certifications at OnceOur training is built in modules, and completing the modules for one certification will often cover all or most of the modules for other certifications.
Lowest Price GuaranteedWith our Best Price Guarantee, you know you're getting the lowest possible price.
300% Iron-Clad Success & Satisfaction GuaranteeIf you don't pass your certification exam, you can take the online course curriculum again until you pass. That's peace of mind that can also save you money! Learn more >>
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: What's the difference between BPI Air Leakage Control Installer (ALCI) certification and the BPI Retrofit Installer Certification?
- The ALCI is an entry level certification developed to evaluate a candidate’s ability to demonstrate a fundamental level of skill in the selection and installation of appropriate materials used to reduce air leakage in a typical home.
- The BPI Retrofit Installer certification is geared toward experienced technicians who have been in the field and can demonstrate a wider range of skills. This certification has a combination of prerequisites such as industry specific experience (e.g. previous installation of windows, heating systems, and air sealing and insulation measures), industry training and general building experience (e.g. framing, roofing, siding, etc) that potential candidates must meet before sitting for the exam.
- Q: Are the new HEP certifications replacing any of the existing BPI certifications?
- No, the new certifications are not replacing BPI’s existing certifications. The new HEP certifications are for experienced industry professionals. They are tailored to the specific job tasks of each role: energy auditor, retrofit installer, crew chief, and QC inspector, and have significant work experience prerequisites attached to them. As experienced BPI certified professionals’ certifications come up for renewal (every three years), they may want to go for one of the new certifications that correspond to the role they are playing within their company. BPI’s existing certifications will remain important building blocks for gaining this experience and for ensuring technicians have the broad building science knowledge they need to build their careers.
See System Requirements for online training