BPI Building Envelope Specialist Training & Certification
This course builds upon the BPI Building Analyst Course to provide a better understanding of why the diagnostic process is so important, why problems related to the building shell such as moisture, ice dams, mildew and drafts were a problem in the first place - and more importantly, how to resolve them.
Upon completion, you will be well prepared to challenge the Building Envelope Specialist Certification Exams.
With the BPI Building Analyst and Envelope certifications, your company will be eligible to apply for the BPI Accredited Contractor designation. With this designation, you will be able to participate in government and utility programs that require it.
Why Get The COMBO?
BPI’s Top Exec Explains
Course Package: $1295
Online Training Only: $399
Why Train With Us?
Learn From The Best!
Our instructor, Dallas Jones is a nationally recognized educator and curriculum developer with over 25 years of teaching experience. He currently serves on the RESNET Training and Education Committee. His certifications include: HERS Rater, Rater Trainer, ASNT Level 1 Thermographer, BPI Building Analyst, Envelope Specialist and Field Examiner. He also holds advanced BPI certifications including BPI Energy Auditor, Quality Control Inspector, and Retrofit Installer.
Course Package Includes:
- 4 hours of Self-paced e-Learning Modules with a video instructor (90 day access)
• Available 24/7 • Learn at your own pace • Review as often as you like
- 1 day of on-site hands-on field training
- Study guide
- Practice exam questions
- Exam fees for BPI Envelope Written & Field Exams
- FREE 30 BPI CEUs
Limited Time Only. Get FREE access to training approved for 30 BPI CEUs, and avoid BPI re-certification exams! See offer details
- Our 100% Success Guarantee If you don't pass your certification exam(s) for any reason, you can re-take our course curriculum* at no additional charge until you achieve a passing grade.
Benefits of the Course
- The BPI Envelope Specialist certification in conjunction with the Building Analyst certification makes your company eligible to apply for BPI Contractor Accreditation, which may be required to participate in various state incentive programs.
- You will be able to work with homeowners to improve their comfort and safety, and reduce their energy bills.
- Your BPI Building Envelope Specialist certification enhances your credibility with homeowners, making it easier to close jobs and grow your business.
- Save Time & Money wIth Online Training - Click to Learn More
Who Should Attend?
- Home inspectors, appraisers
- Contractors: Remodelers, HVAC, insulation, window and weatherization contractors
- Those interested in a new career
Must complete the BPI Building Analyst Training and pass the exams prior to taking this course.
- Insulation applications and techniques
- Thermal and pressure boundary evaluation
- Work scope prioritization
- Air sealing techniques
- Ventilation systems and requirements
- Window and door inspections
- Health and safety training
- Test-in and test-out procedures
- Inspecting the building envelope
- Indoor air quality (IAQ) assessment
- Indoor moisture solutions
- Duct diagnostics and procedures
- Blower door techniques and applications
Day 1 - Field Training (approx 8am-3:30pm) / Written Exam (approx 5:30pm-7:30pm)
Day 2 - Field Exam (2 hours during your scheduled time)
Online Training Only
90 Day Access (from registration date)
Call to Register:
San Jose, CA
San Antonio, TX
Silver Spring, MD
* Times may vary based on number of students, field location, travel schedules and student experience. Plan to be flexible.
Questions? Call 1-800-518-1877
Need Exams Only?
To purchase exams for re-test or re-certification,
please visit our BPI Exams & Re-Certification page
I have taken the RESNET Level I and II Home Energy Survey Professional and the BPI Building Analyst I Training with Dallas Jones of Green Training USA. My training experience was exceptional. Dallas brings both his knowledge of home energy and his field experience into the classroom and presents it in an organized, easy to follow manner. The field demonstrations of the diagnostic equipment and techniques presented by Dallas provided me with a wealth of knowledge. I would highly recommend Dallas Jones and Green Training USA to anyone who is considering training in the home energy field.Ryan Hinch
Energy Raters of East Texas, LLC.
Great Class! Great Instructor! Top Notch! I’ve gone through a lot of classes in my 20 plus years; yours is among the best.Gordon Fox
Fox Inspection Group
I thought the training was thorough and well taught. I do not believe I could have passed the exam without such a good course. I would recommend this course for anyone starting out in the Energy Audit field.Terry Wigfield
Green Training USA provided me with the basic knowledge and hands-on skills to start doing home energy audits immediately. The instructor was focused on the required training content and was also very responsive to questions from the participants. He was able to answer both practical and technical questions and blend them into the general discussion. The test preparation materials were very good and I had no problem passing the RESNET Level II Exam. Overall I am very happy with the course and the results.Steve Gorman
Mason-Dixon Home Inspection Services
I would like to salute Green Training USA on the excellent quality of your BPI training course. The instructor, Dallas Jones, was very knowledgeable on the subject matter and presented the material in an efficient and interesting manner. The course materials were professionally prepared and very helpful. I look forward to working with Green Training USA in the future and I will attend future training programs.Bob Blanchfield
Building Inspection Service
Since Todd’s staff took Green Training USA's training and become BPI and RESNET certified, we have experienced an increase in pride in ourselves and our customers. Our BPI and RESNET certified technicians carry and share their expertise proudly. Our customers trust that expertise and easily welcome our “experts” into their homes. We have had local news recognize us as the experts, also. It is extremely rewarding as our customers call us after completing the work in their homes to thank us for finally being comfortable. The word is spreading fast that we are the experts in comfort. On top of all of this we are experiencing a growing customer base and revenue. Becoming BPI and RESNET certified and partnering with Home Energy Team was, by far, the best business decision we could have made. Now we are not just a “heating & cooling company,” but we are becoming known as the “Experts in Home Comfort".Michael Murphysweet
Todds Heating and Cooling
By taking the BPI Building Analyst and BPI Envelope Combined Course through Green Training USA, I was able to save money on the course and exam fees. And, since I completed their self-paced online study prior to taking their hands-on site training, I was only away from my business for a few days. Now I’m going to get both certifications sooner and be eligible for more government/utility programs a lot earlier than if I had taken the classes separately. Many thanks to the team at Green Training USA.Matt Sera
Atlas Home Energy Solutions
Request a FREE
or submit this form...
We’ll beat any advertised price
Become a Training Reseller
Save Time & Money
with online training
Learn Now, Pay Later
Home Performance Business Tools
- Energy Audit Software
- Job Pricing Calculator
- Project Management Portal
90-Day FREE Trial