BPI Building Science Principles
This Course is BPI Recognized for 12 CEU Credits
This course is a MUST for anyone entering the home performance industry, whether you're a seasoned contractor, sales or support staff, supervisor, distributor or manufacturer.
It covers all the basics of building science, including energy transfer and air leakage, indoor air quality, insulation, combustion safety, moisture, lighting & appliances, and more. You'll also get the business perspective to help you succeed in the home performance industry.
Course Package: $125
Course Package Includes:
- Over 12 hours of online multimedia training with video instructor (90 day access)
• Available 24/7 • Learn at your own pace • Review as often as you like
- Phone and email access to instructors to answer your questions
- Study guide
- Practice exam questions
- Our 300% Iron-Clad Success and Satisfaction Guarantee
Why Take This Course
- You will be able to work with homeowners to improve their comfort and safety, and reduce their energy bills.
- Learn how various components of the home interact to affect the home’s overall performance. Understand the relationship between the building envelope, heating, A/C, insulation, mechanical ventilation, lighting, appliances and the home's other systems.
- Learn how all of these systems affect the comfort, health and safety of occupants and durability of the home.
- Discover why improving the energy efficiency of the home is the first step toward solar, geothermal or other renewable energy improvements.
- Save travel cost, time, and lost revenue with online multimedia training.
Who Should Take This Course?
- Contractors & Installers: HVAC, insulation, windows and doors, air sealing, roofing, handyman, remodelers, duct cleaning and/or replacement
- Manufacturers, Distributors, Sales Reps
- Home Inspectors, Appraisers, Realtors
- Policy & Program Managers: Federal, state and local government energy office personnel; Managers, regulators and administrators of state, local or utility home energy efficiency incentive programs
- Student, Veterans, People interested in a new career
- Basic Construction Terminology
- House-As-a System
- Principles of Energy
- Energy & the Building Shell
- Air Leakage
- Residential Insulation
- Windows & doors
- Residential Heating
- Lighting & Appliances
- Residential Cooling
- Water Heating
- Health, Safety & Moisture Management
- Observational Diagnostics
Learn From The Best!
Your instructor, Dallas Jones is a nationally recognized educator and curriculum developer with over 25 years of teaching experience. He currently serves on the RESNET Training and Education Committee. His certifications include: HERS Rater, Rater Trainer, ASNT Level 1 Thermographer, BPI Building Analyst, Envelope Specialist and Field Examiner. He also holds advanced BPI certifications including BPI Energy Auditor, Quality Control Inspector, and Retrofit Installer.
How is Our Online Multimedia Training Better than Classroom Training?
No Travel Time & ExpenseWith online training there's no travel time or expense, no time away from your family, and no time away from work. The average company loses around $500/day for each employee missing work. Can you afford that?
FlexibilityStudy when you want, where you want.
Learn at Your Own SpeedOur online training is self-paced, so you can learn at your own speed and review anything at any time. With classroom learning, the instructor may go too fast or too slow for you, and you don't get the chance to review until you're completely lost.
Skip Previously Completed ContentFor future training, you can skip the modules you've already taken and spend your time learning the new material.
ConsistencyOur online instructors never have a bad day, never fumble over an explanation, and never cancel class.
Help When You Need ItIf you have questions, an instructor is just a phone call or email away! And our Frequently Asked Questions section has common questions asked by students.
Easy to UseIf you can send an email, you can use our online learning system.
Education Built for AdultsOur instructors have decades of experience teaching adults, and present the materials in multiple ways to help you understand and retain the information.
Earn Multiple Certifications at OnceOur training is built in modules, and completing the modules for one certification will often cover all or most of the modules for other certifications.
Lowest Price GuaranteedWith our Best Price Guarantee, you know you're getting the lowest possible price.
300% Iron-Clad Success & Satisfaction GuaranteeIf you don't pass your certification exam, you can take the online course curriculum again until you pass. That's peace of mind that can also save you money! Learn more >>
- Avoid course delays and
- Start online training immediately
- Schedule your exam
when you're ready
You're in Control
Complete your training on your own schedule, and take your exam when you want at a location near you. Start your online training immediately. No waiting around for classes to fill up, or for other students to dictate your training or exam schedule. Simply tell us when you're ready to take your exam and we'll schedule it within 14 business days at a location near you. Superior quality training at an unbeatable price - with complete flexibility!
Course Package: $125
Pass the exam to earn your BPI Building Science Principals Certificate, which allows you to educate homeowners about potential building performance problems, and to know when to call in an expert BPI Building Analyst or Envelope Professional to conduct diagnostic testing or weatherization work. Exam is online, 100 multiple-choice questions, with a 2 hour time limit. $99. Buy Direct From BPI
Reference GuideYour course provides all the materials and information you need to ace the exam, but if you want to supplement your course materials you can buy the BPI Building Science Principles Reference Guide direct from BPI. $99 Buy Direct From BPI