RESNET HERS Rater Online Course
This course is approved for the following continuing education credits:
|CREIA CEC||BPI CEU||NATE CEH|
California Real Estate Inspection Association (CREIA) members can earn 21 continuing education credits (CEC) by completing this engaging online multimedia course.
Learn how to perform home energy ratings using the HERS Index, and how to include energy efficiency measures into new residential homes. You'll also learn how to conduct analyses and provide detailed recommendations for energy conservation and efficiency.
In this course you'll gain lots of practical knowledge that you can use in the field. Optional certification packages available. Click here for details or call 1-800-518-1877.
- 24x7 access. Go at your own pace.
- No studying. No exams!
- Connect anywhere you have internet access - even on your phone.
- Go at your own pace. Continue where you left off the last time.
Register NowCourse Package: $275
* Proof of California Real Estate Inspection Association (CREIA) membership must be provided upon request in order to take advantage of this specially-priced course.
- 28 Hour Online Multimedia Course
On-demand, start & stop when you want, 90-day access
- Phone & Email Access to Instructors to answer your questions
- Practice Questions After Each Session
To reinforce learning and retention
- Online Rem/Rate™ Software and Plan Take Off Training Video
- Our 300% Iron-Clad Success and Satisfaction Guarantee
- CREIA-approved certificate of course completion emailed to you within 48 hours (upon request, after successful completion of course)
Why Take This Course
- California Real Estate Inspection Association (CREIA) members earn 21 CEU credits for continuing credit hours.
- Certificate of course completion is provided upon request.
- Earn 21 BPI continuing education (CEU) credits - uploaded directly to your BPI Portal within 48 hours of request, if applicable.
- Earn 12 NATE continuing education hour (CEH) credits, if applicable.
- Save travel cost, time, and lost revenue with online multimedia training.
- Increase your credibility with optional RESNET HERS Rater certification (exam fees extra).
- Certified RESNET HERS Raters are able to work with home builders and architects to design energy efficient solutions for residential homes.
- Certified RESNET HERS Raters can advise homeowners on measures to improve their home's energy efficiency and performance, as well as help them to improve their indoor comfort and safety.
- With optional RESNET HERS Rater certification you will be able to provide verification for programs such as EnergyStar and LEED® for Homes
- An understanding of building science and home construction principles--how the house works as a system
- Principles of heat, air, and moisture transfer
- How to use state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment to diagnose air leakage, comfort and indoor air quality, (including setup and operation of blower door and duct leakage testing equipment and infrared camera diagnostics)
- Ability to produce a complete home energy analysis using Rem/Rate™ software
- How to certify an ENERGY STAR home
- An Understanding of the services and responsibilities of a HERS Rater and Provider
- HERS Rater Certification Process
- Ability to produce accurate and unbiased home energy ratings for new and existing homes
- How to create or expand your business leveraging home comfort, HERS and diagnostics procedures
Learn From The Best!
Your instructor, Dallas Jones is a nationally recognized educator and curriculum developer with over 25 years of teaching experience. He currently serves on the RESNET Training and Education Committee. His certifications include: HERS Rater, Rater Trainer, ASNT Level 1 Thermographer, BPI Building Analyst, Envelope Specialist and Field Examiner. He also holds advanced BPI certifications including BPI Energy Auditor, Quality Control Inspector, and Retrofit Installer.
How is Our Online Multimedia Training Better than Classroom Training?
No Travel Time & ExpenseWith online training there's no travel time or expense, no time away from your family, and no time away from work. The average company loses around $500/day for each employee missing work. Can you afford that?
FlexibilityStudy when you want, where you want.
Learn at Your Own SpeedOur online training is self-paced, so you can learn at your own speed and review anything at any time. With classroom learning, the instructor may go too fast or too slow for you, and you don't get the chance to review until you're completely lost.
Skip Previously Completed ContentFor future training, you can skip the modules you've already taken and spend your time learning the new material.
ConsistencyOur online instructors never have a bad day, never fumble over an explanation, and never cancel class.
Help When You Need ItIf you have questions, an instructor is just a phone call or email away! And our Frequently Asked Questions section has common questions asked by students.
Easy to UseIf you can send an email, you can use our online learning system.
Education Built for AdultsOur instructors have decades of experience teaching adults, and present the materials in multiple ways to help you understand and retain the information.
Earn Multiple Certifications at OnceOur training is built in modules, and completing the modules for one certification will often cover all or most of the modules for other certifications.
Lowest Price GuaranteedWith our Best Price Guarantee, you know you're getting the lowest possible price.
300% Iron-Clad Success & Satisfaction GuaranteeIf you don't pass your certification exam, you can take the online course curriculum again until you pass. That's peace of mind that can also save you money! Learn more >>
Training on YOUR Own Schedule
- Start your course immediately after registration
- Access your course 24x7 anywhere you have internet access - even on your phone!
- Go at your own pace. Start and stop anytime you want. Continue right where you left off last time.
You're in Control
Earn your CREIA CEC credits the easy way, while gaining lots of valuable knowledge you can use in the field. Simply log in when you have time and go at your own pace. You have 90 days to complete the course. This engaging online course gives you the flexibility to log in when it's convenient for you in the comfort of your home, office, or wherever you can access the internet. Start and stop when you want - and pick up right where you left off last time. Go at your own pace. You have complete control and flexibility.
Register now and experience how flexible, affordable and easy it can be to earn your continuing education (CEC) credits.
Provide Proof of CREIA Membership
Proof of California Real Estate Inspection Association membership must be provided upon request in order to take advantage of this specially-priced course.
RESNET Certification Requirements (Optional)
Register NowCourse Package: $275