BOMI Building Energy Mgmt & Controls
Understanding the key maintenance and energy management aspects of building management is critical to running a cost-effective operation. This course covers a wide range of topics, from veryday preventive maintenance tasks to developing and selling an energy plan.
This 30-hour online course provides you with the skills to evaluate and optimize your current system, the know-how to integrate new components, and the ability to communicate your needs to management. Develop the skills and knowledge to perform cost/benefit analysis of HVAC, electric, and lighting systems and to create an energy management program for your facility.
Who Should Take This Course?
Facility managers, building operators, maintenance technicians
Continuing Education Credit Opportunities:
- American Council on Education (ACE) credit recommendation: 2 semester hours, lower division baccalaureate in Facilities Systems and Management, Construction Management, or Engineering Technologies.
- U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) Recommendation: 18 GBCI continuing education hours towards the LEED Credential Maintenance Program.
- This is one of 5 required courses to earn the SMT designation from BOMI. Course participants receive a certificate of completion for the BOMI Building Energy Management and Controls course upon successful completion of this course.
- Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) control systems
- Development of energy management strategies for HVAC, electronic, and lighting systems
- Components, principles, adjustment, and maintenance of system controller, auxiliary devices, electronic, pneumatic, and computer control systems.
- Operation of heating, cooling, humidification, control applications
- Variable air volume design and building pressurization control devices
- BONUS: Commercial Lighting Assessor Course included at no additional charge.
- Control system basics
- Auxiliary and electronic controls and their application to heating, cooling, humidifying, and volume control
- Computerized automatic control systems
- Factors determining energy consumption in HVAC, electronic, and lighting systems
- Preventive maintenance measures in energy management
- Energy management control system applications
- Applying an energy management plan to your building's systems
- Evaluating new systems with a concentration on retrofitting
- Understanding of traditional and alternative energy systems
- Comprehension of programmable logic controllers (PLCs) and other resources to optimize your system
- Developing and presenting an energy system
- Developing, implementing, and managing an innovative preventive maintenance program
Course Tuition: $1,750
Questions? Call 1-800-518-1877
or request a consultation...