RESNET HERS Rater Training & Certification
Includes Combustion Safety & Work Scope Training, ResCaz Simulation & All Exams
This intensive training program provides you with the core skills and training required to become a Certified RESNET HERS Rater*. You will learn how to perform energy ratings and provide homeowners and home builders with detailed analyses of energy consumption, and provide recommendations for energy conservation and cost savings.
You will learn how to utilize powerful diagnostic equipment and state-of-the-art software to aid you in the energy analysis of a home. You will be able to help builders and architects positively affect building design using a whole house, total systems approach. And you will learn about the latest energy finance and incentive programs that can help you expand your business.
Why Train With Us?
Learn From The Best!
Our instructor, Dallas Jones is a nationally recognized educator and curriculum developer with over 25 years of teaching experience. He currently serves on the RESNET Training and Education Committee. His certifications include: HERS Rater, Rater Trainer, ASNT Level 1 Thermographer, BPI Building Analyst, Envelope Specialist and Field Examiner. He also holds advanced BPI certifications including BPI Energy Auditor, Quality Control Inspector, and Retrofit Installer.
Course Package Includes:
- 28 hours of e-Learning modules with video instructor (90 day access)
• Available 24/7 • Learn at your own pace • Review as often as you like
- 2 days of classroom instruction
- Ratings required for certification (completed in class)
- Home Energy Rating Handbook
- Online Rem/Rate™ Software and Plan Take Off Training Video
- One-Month Access to ResCaz Interactive Simulation Learning Software
- RESNET National Rater Exam (Exam taken online, last day of class)
- RESNET 25-Question Combustion Safety & Work Scope Written Exam
- ResCaz Simulation Exam
- Our 100% Success Guarantee If you don't pass your certification exam(s) for any reason, you can re-take our course curriculum* at no additional charge until you achieve a passing grade.
Residential Energy: Cost Savings and Comfort for Existing Buildings
by Krigger & Dorsi
Best practices for the diagnosis, retrofit, maintenance, and energy management of residential buildings. Order from Amazon or from
our online store Add Book to Cart $55.00 - Includes Free Shipping
Applications in the Field
Energy ratings are commonly used as verification methods for programs such as Energy Star, LEED® for Homes, and various regional programs. This training will prepare you to perform energy ratings in these, and similar settings. Additional training is recommended to ensure that the Rater is able to provide proper program verification. We suggest that Raters pursue additional training as a BPI Building Analyst or Envelope Professional to learn additional diagnostic skills that will prepare you for the intricacies of existing buildings and their unique qualities.
Benefits of the Course
- You will be able to provide verification for programs such as EnergyStar and LEED® for Homes
- You will be able to work with home builders and architects to design energy efficient solutions.
- You will be able to advise homeowners on measures to improve their home's performance and energy efficiency, and help them improve their comfort and safety, and reduce their energy bills.
- Save Time & Money wIth Online Training - Click to Learn More
Who Should Take This Course?
- Contractors: HVAC, insulation, air sealing, remodeling, windows and doors, siding, plumbing, handyman, solar, IAQ, roofing, home automation professionals.
- BPI Certified professionals seeking to become HERS Raters.
- Those looking to start a new career or business.
- An understanding of building science and home construction principles--how the house works as a system
- Principles of heat, air, and moisture transfer
- How to use state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment to diagnose air leakage, comfort and indoor air quality, (including setup and operation of blower door and duct leakage testing equipment and infrared camera diagnostics)
- Ability to produce a complete home energy analysis using Rem/Rate™ software
- How to certify an ENERGY STAR home
- An Understanding of the services and responsibilities of a HERS Rater and Provider
- HERS Rater Certification Process
- Ability to produce accurate and unbiased home energy ratings for new and existing homes
- How to create or expand your business leveraging home comfort, HERS and diagnostics procedures
Classroom, Field Training & Exam Schedule*
- Classroom instruction (approx. 8am-5:30pm)
- Field training (site visit, practice ratings) and classroom (sample exam questions, review) - (approx. 8am-4:30pm)
- Written exam (approx 6:30pm-8:30pm) - you may be able to write the exam the next morning.
Online Training Only
90 Day Access (from registration date)
Call to Register:
San Francisco Area - CA
Silver Spring, MD
San Antonio, TX
* Times may vary based on number of students, field location, travel schedules and student experience. Plan to be flexible.
Questions? Call 1-800-518-1877
Energy Auditor Field Guide ($49) --- Describes best practices used in assessing the performance of existing homes. Order Now.
Building Shell Field Guide ($49) --- Describes the best practices for improving the efficiency and durability of the building shell in existing homes. Order Now.
Blower Door Testing ($10)---This 8.5x11 durable two-sided sheet covers blower door set-up, testing and test result evaluation. Order Now.
Need Exam Only?
You can purchase the HERS Rater exam for re-test or re-certification. $295
I have taken the RESNET Level I and II Home Energy Survey Professional and the BPI Building Analyst I Training with Dallas Jones of Green Training USA. My training experience was exceptional. Dallas brings both his knowledge of home energy and his field experience into the classroom and presents it in an organized, easy to follow manner. The field demonstrations of the diagnostic equipment and techniques presented by Dallas provided me with a wealth of knowledge. I would highly recommend Dallas Jones and Green Training USA to anyone who is considering training in the home energy field.Ryan Hinch
Energy Raters of East Texas, LLC.
Great Class! Great Instructor! Top Notch! I’ve gone through a lot of classes in my 20 plus years; yours is among the best.Gordon Fox
Fox Inspection Group
I thought the training was thorough and well taught. I do not believe I could have passed the exam without such a good course. I would recommend this course for anyone starting out in the Energy Audit field.Terry Wigfield
Green Training USA provided me with the basic knowledge and hands-on skills to start doing home energy audits immediately. The instructor was focused on the required training content and was also very responsive to questions from the participants. He was able to answer both practical and technical questions and blend them into the general discussion. The test preparation materials were very good and I had no problem passing the RESNET Level II Exam. Overall I am very happy with the course and the results.Steve Gorman
Mason-Dixon Home Inspection Services
I would like to salute Green Training USA on the excellent quality of your BPI training course. The instructor, Dallas Jones, was very knowledgeable on the subject matter and presented the material in an efficient and interesting manner. The course materials were professionally prepared and very helpful. I look forward to working with Green Training USA in the future and I will attend future training programs.Bob Blanchfield
Building Inspection Service
Since Todd’s staff took Green Training USA's training and become BPI and RESNET certified, we have experienced an increase in pride in ourselves and our customers. Our BPI and RESNET certified technicians carry and share their expertise proudly. Our customers trust that expertise and easily welcome our “experts” into their homes. We have had local news recognize us as the experts, also. It is extremely rewarding as our customers call us after completing the work in their homes to thank us for finally being comfortable. The word is spreading fast that we are the experts in comfort. On top of all of this we are experiencing a growing customer base and revenue. Becoming BPI and RESNET certified and partnering with Home Energy Team was, by far, the best business decision we could have made. Now we are not just a “heating & cooling company,” but we are becoming known as the “Experts in Home Comfort".Michael Murphysweet
Todds Heating and Cooling
By taking the BPI Building Analyst and BPI Envelope Combined Course through Green Training USA, I was able to save money on the course and exam fees. And, since I completed their self-paced online study prior to taking their hands-on site training, I was only away from my business for a few days. Now I’m going to get both certifications sooner and be eligible for more government/utility programs a lot earlier than if I had taken the classes separately. Many thanks to the team at Green Training USA.Matt Sera
Atlas Home Energy Solutions
Request a FREE
or submit this form...
We’ll beat any advertised price
Become a Training Reseller
Save Time & Money
with online training
Learn Now, Pay Later
Home Performance Business Tools
- Energy Audit Software
- Job Pricing Calculator
- Project Management Portal
90-Day FREE Trial