Water Damage Restoration Technician Training
The Water Damage Restoration Technician course is a fact-based training program for front-line workers responding to water damage in homes and other buildings.
By successfully completing this course, you will learn the information you need to safely perform water damage restoration while working under a supervisor’s direction. You will be prepared to pass the Council-certified Residential Structural Dryer (CRSD) certification exam from the American Council for Accredited Certification (ACAC).
The course covers the types of water damage events, how to respond to water damage, working healthy and safe, personal protective equipment, containment construction, equipment types, cleaning techniques, engineering controls, and more.
This course takes approximately 18 hours to complete. It is broken into 43 modules of varying length. There are quizzes at the end of each module and a 50 question practice final exam.
You may also receive Continuing Education or Professional Development credit after completing the course.
Register Now Course Package: $295 On sale for a limted time $145
- What's Included
- Who Should Take Course
- Topics Covered
- Learn From The Best
- Continuing Education
Course Package Includes:
- 18 hours (43 modules) of online multimedia training with a video instructor
• Available 24/7 • Learn at your own pace • Review as often as you like
- Quizzes at the end of each module and practice final exam to enhance learning and retention of information
- Phone access to instructors to answer your questions
- Our 300% Iron-Clad Success and Satisfaction Guarantee
Who Should Take This Course
- Those interested in a new career
- Insurance adjusters
- Real estate professionals
- Water damage restoration company staff
- Facilities management companies
- Handyman companies
- Commercial cleaning companies
- Apartment managers and their staff
- Government facilities staff
- Module 1 – History of Water Damage Restoration
- Module 2 – Overview of Water Damage Restoration Guidelines & Standards
- Module 3 – Water Damage Contaminants
- Module 4 – Background on Bacteria and Mold
- Module 5 – Understanding Particulate
- Module 6 – Health Effects
- Module 7 – Building & Material Science
- Module 8 – Restoration Technician – Being a Professional
- Module 9 – Water Damage Restoration Process Overview
- Module 10 – Psychrometrics
- Module 11 – Drying Fundamentals
- Module 12 – Engineering Controls
- Module 13 – Equipment, Instruments, and Tools - Part 1 (Extraction)
- Module 14 – Equipment, Instruments, and Tools - Part 2 (Air Movers)
- Module 15 – Equipment, Instruments, and Tools - Part 3 (Dehumidifiers)
- Module 16 – Equipment, Instruments, and Tools - Part 4 (Heat Generating Equipment)
- Module 17 – Equipment, Instruments, and Tools – Part 5 (Moisture Meters)
- Module 18 – Equipment, Instruments, and Tools – Part 6 (Thermo Hygrometers)
- Module 19 – Equipment, Instruments, and Tools – Part 7 (AFDs – Checklist, etc.)
- Module 20 – Equipment, Instruments, and Tools – Part 7 (AFDs – Checklist, etc.) – Hands-On
- Module 21 – Equipment, Instruments, and Tools – Part 8 (Vacuum – Checklist, etc.)
- Module 22 – Equipment, Instruments, and Tools – Part 8 (Vacuum – Checklist, etc.) – Hands-On
- Module 23 – Restoration Equipment Sizing
- Module 24 – Removal of Non-Restorable Materials
- Module 25 – Restoring Salvageable Materials – Structural
- Module 26 – Restoring Salvageable Materials - Building Materials and Assemblies
- Module 27 – Cleaning & Disinfecting
- Module 28 – Containment Construction Overview – Tools & Materials
- Module 29 – Containment Construction Overview – Containment Types
- Module 30 – Containment Construction Overview – Preparing the Work Area
- Module 31 – Containment Construction Overview – Entry, Exit, and Waste Load-out
- Module 32 – Containment Construction Overview – Entry and Exit Construction
- Module 33 – Water Damage Restoration PPE
- Module 34 – Water Damage Restoration PPE - Part 2
- Module 35 – Water Damage Restoration PPE – Hands-On
- Module 36 – Safety and Health – Part 1
- Module 37 – Safety and Health – Part 2
- Module 38 – Contents Evaluation and Restoration
- Module 39 – Pricing Water Damage Restoration Projects
- Module 40 – Job Scenario – Case 1
- Module 41 – Job Scenario – Case 2
- Module 42 – Job Scenario – Case 3
- Module 43 – Exam Review
Learn From The Best
Joe Hughes has over 30 years field experience helping people live and work in healthy buildings. He is the President of IAQ Training Institute (IAQTI) and co-host of the IAQ Radio podcast. Joe was inducted into the Indoor Air Quality Association (IAQA) Hall of Fame in 2016. IAQTI is the longest tenured IAQA-approved training provider having provided IAQA approved training programs on indoor environmental consulting and remediation since 2001. IAQ Radio is a weekly interactive podcast on IAQ, disaster restoration, home performance and building science issues. It has been downloaded and streamed in over 60 countries for over 13 years.
How is Our Online Multimedia Training Better than Classroom Training?
No Travel Time & ExpenseWith online training there's no travel time or expense, no time away from your family, and no time away from work. The average company loses around $500/day for each employee missing work. Can you afford that?
FlexibilityStudy when you want, where you want.
Learn at Your Own SpeedOur online training is self-paced, so you can learn at your own speed and review anything at any time. With classroom learning, the instructor may go too fast or too slow for you, and you don't get the chance to review until you're completely lost.
Skip Previously Completed ContentFor future training, you can skip the modules you've already taken and spend your time learning the new material.
ConsistencyOur online instructors never have a bad day, never fumble over an explanation, and never cancel class.
Help When You Need ItIf you have questions, an instructor is just a phone call or email away! And our Frequently Asked Questions section has common questions asked by students.
Easy to UseIf you can send an email, you can use our online learning system.
Education Built for AdultsOur instructors have decades of experience teaching adults, and present the materials in multiple ways to help you understand and retain the information.
Earn Multiple Certifications at OnceOur training is built in modules, and completing the modules for one certification will often cover all or most of the modules for other certifications.
Lowest Price GuaranteedWith our Best Price Guarantee, you know you're getting the lowest possible price.
300% Iron-Clad Success & Satisfaction GuaranteeIf you don't pass your certification exam, you can take the online course curriculum again until you pass. That's peace of mind that can also save you money! Learn more >>
Schedule? What Schedule?
- Start your course immediately
- Access 24/7. Log in from anywhere you have internet access.
- Stop and start when convenient for you.
You're in Control
Complete the course according to your schedule. Log in whenever you have some free time, stop when you need to, and pick it up right where you left off the last time. You can access the course from any device that's connected to the internet - even your phone! You're in control. It's high quality training with all the convenience - at an affordable price. Register today!
This course is approved for the following
Continuing Education Credits:
|RESNET HERS Rater PD||Nate CEH||ASHI CE||BPI CEU|