RESNET HERS Rater Training & Certification
This Course is BPI Recognized for 21 CEU Credits
This training prepares you to perform energy ratings for programs such as Energy Star, LEED® for Homes, Energy Efficient New Home tax credits, and various regional programs. You will also gain the skills required to work with home builders and architects to design energy efficient homes, as well as provide detailed analyses and recommendations for energy conservation and cost savings.
This course package provides everything you need to succeed.
Register Now Course Package: $1945
Course Package Includes
- 32 Hour Online Multimedia Course
On-demand, start & stop when you want, 90-day access
- Phone & Email Support
Access to instructors to answer your questions
- Practice Questions After Each Session
To reinforce comprehension
- Practice Final Exam
- Online Rem/Rate™ Software and Plan Take Off Training Video
- 2 days of instruction - On demand!
- Ratings required for certification (completed in class)
- Home Energy Rating Handbook
- RESNET National Rater Exam (Taken online, last day of class)
- RESNET Combustion Safety & Work Scope Written Exam
- ResCaz Simulator for Candidates - Includes Exam
- RESNET Practical Rating Simulator for Candidates - Includes Exam
- Our 300% Iron-Clad Success and Satisfaction Guarantee
- DISCOUNT on Continuing Education Courses
Why Take This Course
- You will be able to provide verification for programs such as EnergyStar and LEED® for Homes
- You will be able to work with home builders and architects to design energy efficient solutions.
- You will be able to advise homeowners on measures to improve their home's performance and energy efficiency, and help them improve their comfort and safety, and reduce their energy bills.
- Save travel cost, time, and lost revenue with online multimedia training.
- Earn 21 CEU credits for BPI continuing education.
Who Should Take This Course?
- Contractors: HVAC, Insulation, Air Sealing, Remodeling, Windows and Doors, Siding, Plumbing, Handyman, Solar, Indoor Air Quality, Roofing, Home Automation.
- BPI Certified professionals seeking to become HERS Raters.
- Those looking to start a new career or business.
- An understanding of building science and home construction principles--how the house works as a system
- Principles of heat, air, and moisture transfer
- How to use state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment to diagnose air leakage, comfort and indoor air quality, (including setup and operation of blower door and duct leakage testing equipment and infrared camera diagnostics)
- Ability to produce a complete home energy analysis using Rem/Rate™ software
- How to certify an ENERGY STAR home
- An Understanding of the services and responsibilities of a HERS Rater and Provider
- HERS Rater Certification Process
- Ability to produce accurate and unbiased home energy ratings for new and existing homes
- How to create or expand your business leveraging home comfort, HERS and diagnostics procedures
Learn From The Best!
Your instructor, Dallas Jones is a nationally recognized educator and curriculum developer with over 25 years of teaching experience. He currently serves on the RESNET Training and Education Committee. His certifications include: HERS Rater, Rater Trainer, ASNT Level 1 Thermographer, BPI Building Analyst, Envelope Specialist and Field Examiner. He also holds advanced BPI certifications including BPI Energy Auditor, Quality Control Inspector, and Retrofit Installer.
How is Our Online Multimedia Training Better than Classroom Training?
No Travel Time & ExpenseWith online training there's no travel time or expense, no time away from your family, and no time away from work. The average company loses around $500/day for each employee missing work. Can you afford that?
FlexibilityStudy when you want, where you want.
Learn at Your Own SpeedOur online training is self-paced, so you can learn at your own speed and review anything at any time. With classroom learning, the instructor may go too fast or too slow for you, and you don't get the chance to review until you're completely lost.
Skip Previously Completed ContentFor future training, you can skip the modules you've already taken and spend your time learning the new material.
ConsistencyOur online instructors never have a bad day, never fumble over an explanation, and never cancel class.
Help When You Need ItIf you have questions, an instructor is just a phone call or email away! And our Frequently Asked Questions section has common questions asked by students.
Easy to UseIf you can send an email, you can use our online learning system.
Education Built for AdultsOur instructors have decades of experience teaching adults, and present the materials in multiple ways to help you understand and retain the information.
Earn Multiple Certifications at OnceOur training is built in modules, and completing the modules for one certification will often cover all or most of the modules for other certifications.
Lowest Price GuaranteedWith our Best Price Guarantee, you know you're getting the lowest possible price.
300% Iron-Clad Success & Satisfaction GuaranteeIf you don't pass your certification exam, you can take the online course curriculum again until you pass. That's peace of mind that can also save you money! Learn more >>
Classroom, Field Training & Exam Schedule*
- Classroom instruction (approx. 8am-6:30pm)
- Field training (site visit, practice ratings) and classroom (sample exam questions, review) - (approx. 8am-6:30pm)
- Written & simulation exams (9am-3pm)
* Times may vary based on number of students, field location, travel schedules and student experience. Plan to be flexible.
Register Now Course Package: $1945
Questions? Call 1-800-518-1877
Need Exam Only?
You can purchase the HERS Rater exam for re-test or re-certification. $275