Home Energy Score Assessor
This Course is BPI Recognized for 4 CEU Credits
This course will help you successfully challenge the DOE’s Home Energy Score Exam – and provide the skills required to work in the field as a Home Energy Score Qualified Assessor. The course also provides a solid foundation for a career in the green industry.
You will have a fundamental understanding of energy principles, ways to improve a home’s energy efficiency, an understanding of the Home Energy Score Program, and familiarity with the Home Energy Score Software.
Register NowCourse Package: $60
Course Package Includes:
- 8 hours of online multimedia training with video instructor (90 day access)
• Available 24/7 • Learn at your own pace • Review as often as you like
- Phone and email access to instructors to answer your questions
- Screencast walk-through of the Home Energy Score software
- Practice exam questions
- Our 300% Iron-Clad Success and Satisfaction Guarantee
Why Take This Course
- Upon passing your exam (and becoming affiliated with a Home Energy Score Partner), you will be qualified by the DOE to perform Home Energy Score inspections of homes. Only Home Energy Score Qualified Assessors are permitted to provide Home Energy Scores.
- You will be able to work with homeowners to improve their comfort and safety, and reduce their energy bills.
- You will have the foundation for a career in residential energy efficiency.
- Earn BPI Continuing Education credits (CEUs)
- Save travel cost, time, and lost revenue with online multimedia training.
Who Should Take This Course?
- Energy Movement
- House as a System
- Calculating Envelope Energy Loss
- Home Energy Score Program Overview & Requirements
- Accessing & Using the Scoring Tool
- Presenting Home Energy Score Results the Client
- Home Energy Score Software Data Entry Screencast
Learn From The Best!
Your instructor, Dallas Jones is a nationally recognized educator and curriculum developer with over 25 years of teaching experience. He currently serves on the RESNET Training and Education Committee. His certifications include: HERS Rater, Rater Trainer, ASNT Level 1 Thermographer, BPI Building Analyst, Envelope Specialist and Field Examiner. He also holds advanced BPI certifications including BPI Energy Auditor, Quality Control Inspector, and Retrofit Installer.
How is Our Online Multimedia Training Better than Classroom Training?
No Travel Time & ExpenseWith online training there's no travel time or expense, no time away from your family, and no time away from work. The average company loses around $500/day for each employee missing work. Can you afford that?
FlexibilityStudy when you want, where you want.
Learn at Your Own SpeedOur online training is self-paced, so you can learn at your own speed and review anything at any time. With classroom learning, the instructor may go too fast or too slow for you, and you don't get the chance to review until you're completely lost.
Skip Previously Completed ContentFor future training, you can skip the modules you've already taken and spend your time learning the new material.
ConsistencyOur online instructors never have a bad day, never fumble over an explanation, and never cancel class.
Help When You Need ItIf you have questions, an instructor is just a phone call or email away! And our Frequently Asked Questions section has common questions asked by students.
Easy to UseIf you can send an email, you can use our online learning system.
Education Built for AdultsOur instructors have decades of experience teaching adults, and present the materials in multiple ways to help you understand and retain the information.
Earn Multiple Certifications at OnceOur training is built in modules, and completing the modules for one certification will often cover all or most of the modules for other certifications.
Lowest Price GuaranteedWith our Best Price Guarantee, you know you're getting the lowest possible price.
300% Iron-Clad Success & Satisfaction GuaranteeIf you don't pass your certification exam, you can take the online course curriculum again until you pass. That's peace of mind that can also save you money! Learn more >>
Home Energy Score Program
The Home Energy Score Program provides homeowners with a score (out of 10) of their home’s energy consumption, as well as recommendations to improve their home’s performance.
As a Home Energy Score Qualified Assessor, you will be qualified by the Department of Energy to conduct a walk-through examination of a home and provide the Home Energy Score and associated recommendations.
To become qualified to perform Home Energy Score inspections, you must pass the Department Of Energy's Home Energy Score Qualified Assessor Exam proctored by an approved DOE test center. NOTE: You are allowed to take the exam 3 times in one year. If you fail either section all 3 times, you must wait a year before taking the exam again.