BOMI Air Handling, Water Treatment and Plumbing Systems Course
Through this course, you will learn about climate control for human comfort, the components of HVAC systems, and the basics of water treatment and plumbing systems.
You will gain the skills and knowledge to perform common water tests, maintain air-conditioning systems, maintain water services, and inspect portable fire extinguishers.
Who Should Take This Course?
Facility managers, building operators, maintenance technicians
Continuing Education Credit Opportunities:
- American Council on Education (ACE) credit recommendation: 2 semester hours, lower division baccalaureate in Building Systems, Facilities Management, or Stationary Engineering.
- U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) Recommendation: 18 GBCI continuing education hours towards the LEED Credential Maintenance Program.
- This is one of 5 required courses to earn the SMT designation from BOMI. Course participants receive a certificate of completion for the BOMI Air Handling, Water Treatment and Plumbing Systems Controls course upon successful completion of this course.
- Replacing and/or maintaining complicated HVAC systems
- Understanding the procedures to use when analyzing water samples for testing and treatment
- Following guidelines when installing and monitoring pipes and valves
- Recognizing, setting up, and maintaining a reliable and effective fire protection system
- HVAC systems
- Air cleaning devices
- Indoor air quality
- Water conditioning and treatment
- Fire protection and alarm systems