Take this course and earn the following continuing education credits:
|MS Home Inspectors CE Hours||RESNET Rater PD Credits||BPI CEU|
The Mold 101 online course is a fact-based overview of mold in indoor environments. This course gives you the foundation you need to deal with moisture and mold-related issues in a home or building.
- Moisture and mold are the most common cause of building-related complaints and health issues. Everyone that lives or works in a building should understand how they can help ensure their indoor environment is dry, mold-free, and healthy.
- This course takes approximately 4 hours and goes over what mold is, how it becomes a problem, the health effects of exposure, inspecting for mold, and how professionals remediate mold contamination.
- The course is broken into 14 modules in which you will learn the information you need to help coordinate with others and oversee efforts to inspect for and remediate mold contamination.
Register Now Course Package: $179
* Proof of Mississippi Home Inspectors certification must be provided upon request in order to take advantage of this specially-priced course.
Course Package Includes:
- 4 hours (14 modules) of online multimedia training with a video instructor
• Available 24/7 • Learn at your own pace • Review as often as you like
- Phone access to instructors to answer your questions
- Course materials
- Our 300% Iron-Clad Success and Satisfaction Guarantee
Who Should Take This Course
- Everyone that lives or works in a building
- Those interested in a new career
- Contractors (HVAC, remodeling, weatherization, window & door, flooring/carpeting, waterproofing)
- Real estate professionals
- Insurance professionals & support staff
- Home inspectors & support staff
- Indoor air quality professionals & support staff
Topics Covered & Learning Objectives:
- Mold Background Information
- Define Microbiology
- Differentiate between the Kingdoms of Life
- Understand the importance of Mold/Fungi
- Recognize the importance of mold in history
- Mold: A Definition
- Define what mold is
- Recognize how mold grows
- Recognize the different parts and byproducts of mold growth
- Determine how mold is classified
- Recognize the importance of moisture to mold growth
- Mold Guidelines, Standards & Regulations (Part 1)
- Describe the history of mold guidelines, standards, and regulations
- Differentiate between guidelines, standards, and regulations
- Mold Guidelines, Standards & Regulations (Part 2)
- Review existing United States Mold Guidelines
- Review existing United States Mold Standards
- Review existing United States Mold Regulations
- Mold Health Effects (Part 1)
- Recognize health effects related to dampness and mold.
- Differentiate between various routes of exposure.
- Mold Health Effects (Part 2)
- Differentiate between categories of health effects.
- Discuss tips for how to avoid mold exposure and illness.
- Building Science & Mold
- Define building science.
- Discuss some basic principles of water.
- Recognize the importance of Relative Humidity & Dew Point.
- Understanding the building enclosure.
- Mold Inspection
- How to Characterize the Problem
- Common Causes of Mold Problems
- Evaluating Moisture Issues in Buildings
- Performing Mold Investigations in accordance with industry guidelines, standards & regulations
- Mold Sampling (Part 1)
- Recognize when and where to sample for mold
- Understand mold sampling options and procedures for surfaces
- Understand mold sampling options and procedures for air
- Mold Sampling (Part 2)
- Recognize other types of mold sampling available to inspectors
- How mold sample results are interpreted
- Post Remediation Verification (PRV) and sampling
- Mold Remediation – Equipment
- Explain the Concepts of Filtration
- Recognize the importance of HEPA Vacuums
- Understand common Air Filtration Devices used in Mold Remediation
- Recognize Other Equipment Used for Mold Remediation
- Mold Remediation – Engineering Controls
- Define engineering controls and how they are used on mold remediation projects
- Define and Describe containment types and how they are constructed
- Differentiate between types of decontamination chambers and how they are used for mold remediation
- Mold Remediation – Removal, Cleaning & Disinfecting
- Recognize the industry-accepted methods for removal of mold-contaminated building components
- Illustrate the methods for contents cleaning on mold remediation projects
- Demonstrate the cleaning techniques commonly employed on mold remediation projects
- Discuss industry views and methods for disinfecting surfaces after mold remediation projects
- Mold Remediation – Personal Protective Equipment
- Differentiate between engineering controls and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Differentiate between the categories of respiratory protection
- Identify the difference between Respirator Seal Checks and Fit Tests
- Evaluate other types of Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE)
Learn From The Best
Joe Hughes has over 30 years field experience helping people live and work in healthy buildings. He is the President of IAQ Training Institute (IAQTI) and co-host of the IAQ Radio podcast. Joe was inducted into the Indoor Air Quality Association (IAQA) Hall of Fame in 2016. IAQTI is the longest tenured IAQA-approved training provider having provided IAQA approved training programs on indoor environmental consulting and remediation since 2001. IAQ Radio is a weekly interactive podcast on IAQ, disaster restoration, home performance and building science issues. It has been downloaded and streamed in over 60 countries for over 13 years.
How is Our Online Multimedia Training Better than Classroom Training?
No Travel Time & ExpenseWith online training there's no travel time or expense, no time away from your family, and no time away from work. The average company loses around $500/day for each employee missing work. Can you afford that?
FlexibilityStudy when you want, where you want.
Learn at Your Own SpeedOur online training is self-paced, so you can learn at your own speed and review anything at any time. With classroom learning, the instructor may go too fast or too slow for you, and you don't get the chance to review until you're completely lost.
Skip Previously Completed ContentFor future training, you can skip the modules you've already taken and spend your time learning the new material.
ConsistencyOur online instructors never have a bad day, never fumble over an explanation, and never cancel class.
Help When You Need ItIf you have questions, an instructor is just a phone call or email away! And our Frequently Asked Questions section has common questions asked by students.
Easy to UseIf you can send an email, you can use our online learning system.
Education Built for AdultsOur instructors have decades of experience teaching adults, and present the materials in multiple ways to help you understand and retain the information.
Earn Multiple Certifications at OnceOur training is built in modules, and completing the modules for one certification will often cover all or most of the modules for other certifications.
Lowest Price GuaranteedWith our Best Price Guarantee, you know you're getting the lowest possible price.
300% Iron-Clad Success & Satisfaction GuaranteeIf you don't pass your certification exam, you can take the online course curriculum again until you pass. That's peace of mind that can also save you money! Learn more >>
Schedule? What Schedule?
- Start your course immediately
- Access 24/7. Log in from anywhere you have internet access.
- You have 90 days to complete the 4-hour course
You're in Control
Complete the course on your own schedule. Start immediately. Log in whenever you have some time, and pick up right where you left off the last time. Access the course from any device connected to the internet - even your phone! It couldn't be more convenient! Register today!
Register NowOnly $179* Proof of Mississippi Home Inspectors certification must be provided upon request in order to take advantage of this specially-priced course.