FREE EnergySmart Contractor Training for Icynene Customers
What is a RESNET EnergySmart Contractor?
An EnergySmart Contractor is credentialed to work in concert with certified auditors and raters to complete retrofit work in compliance with the RESNET home performance work scope standards of practice.
Benefits of Becoming an EnergySmart Contractor
Having the EnergySmart Contractor designation sets you apart from your competition, gives you third-party credibility, and provides homeowners - as well as energy auditors - the confidence that you can competently install energy improvement measures according to nationally recognized standards.
- More Referrals – You will be eligible to join RESNET EnergySmart Home Performance Teams – working with energy auditors and raters to maximize a home’s energy efficiency. They are trusted advisors to homeowners, and the leads they generate are highly qualified leads.
- Be Ready for Legislation – New legislation such as the 25E Tax Credit and the Save Act may require certification for your work to qualify. Be ready instead of playing catch-up!
- Increased Credibility – Your EnergySmart certification tells consumers that you’re a first-class professional, you understand energy efficiency, and you can keep them comfortable and reduce their energy expenses.
- RESNET – You are eligible to join RESNET and promote your certification with RESNET logos, brochures, promotional videos and ID badges. As a RESNET member, your company will appear in the RESNET Contractor Directory.
See course details below.
FREE EnergySmart Training for Icynene Customers (Reg. $349)
(Use coupon code "ICY" and Save $349)
This 4-hour online self-paced course covers building energy fundamentals and retrofit work scope requirements and recommendations. The course prepares you to work with certified energy auditors to complete home performance improvement work in compliance with RESNET's work scope standards of practice.
Begin the online course immediately upon resistration and take up to 30 days to complete. At the end of the course, you will be ready to take the RESNET Qualified Contractors Exam, and qualified to include optimal home performance measures in your business.
Course Package Includes:
- 4-hours of e-Learning modules with video instructor (this is usually an 8-hour course, but Icynene contractors are exempt for 4 hours)
- Study guide
- Practice exam questions
- RESNET EnergySmart Contractor Exam fee
- Contractor Education & Quality (CEQ) Provider fee for the first year
For added enrichment, purchase a copy of the textbook, Residential Energy by Krigger and Dorsi (added to your cart automatically - simply remove if you don't want to purchase it).
- Basics of heat transfer concepts and air distribution leakage
- The energy consequences of common construction practices
- Basic Combustion Appliance concerns
- Basics of envelope and duct leakage, air sealing and insulation
- Understanding of thermal boundaries
- The House as a System - Basics of measure interaction, expected life and bundling for optimal performance
- RESNET retrofit work scope requirements and recommendations