DOE Weatherization Installer 1 & 2 Training
This course provides a basic understanding of building science as it relates to airflow, heat flow and moisture flow, combustion safety and testing, communication skills and an introduction to multifamily and mobile home fundamentals. Upon completion of the course, you should have the skills necessary to both identify problems and provide a solution to correct the issue.
Designed in accordance with guidelines specified by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Weatherization Assistance Program Installer Curricula, this course is divided into two parts: Weatherization Installer Fundamentals and Weatherization Installer Intermediate.
This course also prepares you for BPI's RBE-WH-ALCI Certification. Call 1-800-518-1877 to arrange your BPI field exam (add $400 to the course package tuition).
What is BPI’s RBE-WH-ALCI Certif.?
BPI’s Top Exec Explains
Course Package: $1995
BPI RBE-WH-ALCI Certification
Take the Field Exam
(The DOE Weatherization 1 & 2 Course
prepares you for the BPI Field Exam)
Course Package Includes:
- 24 hours of classroom instruction
- 3 hours field demonstration videos
- 8 hours of hands-on field training
- Backed by Our 300% Iron-Clad Success and Satisfaction Guarantee
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Determine where the thermal boundary should be in any typical single family residence and identify potential air leakage points in that barrier using a blower door.
- Seal all typical leakage points with the most efficient and effective use of time and materials
- Apply air-sealing and duct sealing techniques in compliance with relevant building and fire code requirements.
- Identify appropriate insulation materials for any given application
- Install standard insulation materials in a manner that assures maximum practical insulating value, minimal damage to the property, occupant health and safety, and compliance with all relevant building and fire codes.
- Install house ventilation components as directed.
- Ensure their own safety and the safety of job-site residents and property.
After completing this course, students will be qualified to work as professional air sealing technicians and insulation installers. Successful graduates of the course will be prepared to take the BPI exam for Residential Building Envelope Whole House Air Leakage Control Installer Certification.
- OSHA 1 Construction Safety Course
- EPA Lead-Safe Renovation, Repair, Painting (RRP) Course
For classroom training and hands-on field training.