BOMI Boilers, Heating Systems and Applied Mathematics Course
In this course, you will examine the inner workings of boilers, burners, controls, fittings, valves, and pumps, as well as how they connect and interrelate.
This course will teach you how to operate and maintain steam, hot water, warm air, and radiant heating systems.
You will also learn the principles of mathematics that are essential to operating these building systems.
Who Should Take This Course?
Facility managers, building operators, maintenance technicians
Continuing Education Credit Opportunities:
- American Council on Education (ACE) credit recommendation: 2 semester hours, lower division baccalaureate in Building Systems, or Stationary Engineering.
- U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) recommendation: 18 GBCI continuing education hours towards the LEED Credential Maintenance Program.
- This is one of 5 required courses to earn the SMT designation from BOMI. Course participants receive a certificate of completion for the BOMI Boilers, Heating Systems and Applied Mathematics course upon successful completion of this course.
- Understanding boiler types: their components and control systems, and their operation and maintenance
- Recognizing, setting up, and maintaining a reliable and effective heating system
- Calculating ratios, proportions, and percentages
- Converting units of measure
- Heating system operations
- Mechanical components of heating systems
- Thermodynamics as applied to heating systems
- Basic mathematics needed to operate heating systems