LEED Green Associate (LEED GA) Introductory Course
Our LEED® Green Associate Introductory Course provides a great overview of the LEED® Green Associate accreditation.
- Your course includes engaging on-demand multimedia instruction available 24/7, phone and email access to a professional LEED educator to answer your questions, and practice exam questions to enhance learning.
- You get expert instruction by an award-winning LEED Fellow and industry leader in green building and sustainability (see the "Learn From The Best" tab below).
This course is approved for the following
Continuing Education Credits:
|NARI CEU||BPI CEU||NATE CEH||RESNET Rater PD||RESNET QAD/Rater Trainer PD|
Register now and start your course immediately. There are no prerequisites for this course.
Register Now Course Package: $99
- What's Included
- Topics & Objectives
- Who Should Take Course
- Learn From The Best
- LEED Green Assoc Exam
Course Package Includes:
- 12 hours of online multimedia training with video instructor (90 day access)
• Available 24/7 • Learn at your own pace • Review as often as you like
- Phone and email access to instructors to answer your questions
- LEED Green Associate Handbook
- Multiple-choice questions at the end of each module to improve learning and retention
- Practice exam questions
- Our 300% Iron-Clad Success and Satisfaction Guarantee
- Introduction to LEED
- Location and Transportation
- Sustainable Sites
- Water Efficiency
- Energy and Atmosphere
- Materials and Resources
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Introduce the tasks necessary to effectively and safely administer LEED
- Define LEED, the current LEED rating systems, and market adaptations
- Work with other professionals on LEED projects
- Review existing projects and learn how to use LEED v4 requirements
- Understand LEED core concepts and credit categories for all building types
Who Should Take This Course?
- General contractors, commercial HVAC contractors, insulation contractors
- Architects, engineers, construction managers
- Multi-building facility managers, government facility managers, property managers
- Utility representatives and managers
- Anyone interested in green building design & construction
Learn From The Best
Eric Corey Freed
Eric Corey Freed is an award-winning architect, 11-time author, global speaker, and notorious comedian. He has lectured in all 50 states and in 7 countries. He also holds a prestigious LEED Fellow award from the US Green Building Council.
- Eric is considered a leader in the field; named "Best Green Architect" by San Francisco Magazine in 2005, as well as "Best Visionary" in 2007, and "Green Visionary" by 7x7 Magazine in 2008.
- In 2012, he was named one of the "Top 10 Most Influential Green Architects, " and one of the 25 "Best Green Architecture Firms" in the US.
- In 2017, he was named one of Build's American Architecture Top 25, and the following year, Fixr’s Top 200 Influencers in the Construction Industry.
- As a licensed architect, Eric brings over 25 years of experience in helping architects, builders and homeowners use sustainability to improve the design and operational savings for thousands of buildings around the country.
- Companies like Autodesk, Pixar, Apple and Lowe’s have hired Eric to help them incorporate deeper sustainability into their businesses.
- Eric is the author of 11 books, including "Green Building & Remodeling for Dummies", a bestseller with over 200,000 copies in print, and "Sustainable School Architecture." His how-to book, “Green$ense for your Home” won the 2011 Outstanding Book Award from the American Society of Journalists and Authors.
- Eric was Chief Community Officer at EcoDistricts, a nonprofit that helps cities and developers create regenerative, resilient and socially equitable neighborhoods for everyone.
- He served as Vice President of the International Living Future Institute, a nonprofit organization that developed the Living Building Challenge, a global, regenerative, deep green building standard.
- Eric has served on the boards & advisory boards of dozens of companies and non-profits, helping them get "unstuck" through strategy, planning, and implementation for next stage planning, while helping these organizations uncover new opportunities to raise funding, generate revenue, attract customers, and streamline operations through the lens of sustainability: return on investment, lifecycle costing, carbon accounting, social equity, and supply chain optimization.
- Start the online course immediately upon registration (24x7 access)
- Stop and start anytime - then continue right where you left off
- Log into your course from anywhere you have internet access - even on your phone
You're in Control
With our online LEED Green Associate Introductory Course, you have the freedom to study on your own schedule. There's no sitting in traffic - or in a classroom - after a hard day at work. Simply log into your course whenever you have some time - even on your smartphone or tablet - wherever you can access the internet. Stop when it's convenient for you. Then the next time you log in, you continue from the spot where you left off the last time. You can go back to review any content as needed. Our engaging multimedia presentation uses proven educational methods to enhance adult learning. Register today for a superior learning experience - with complete flexibility!
LEED Green Associate Exam
The following is for informational purposes only.
- Exam Fee:
- $200 for USGBC members. Do you qualify?
- $100 for students
- Prerequisites: None
- Format: 100 multiple-choice questions; Exams are computer-based. You have the option to skip questions, flag questions for later, and change answers.
- Time Limit: 2 hours (120 minutes)
- Language: Translation aids are available in Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Korean and Spanish. Learn more
- Scoring: A passing score is 170 out of 200. Your exam score will be displayed on screen at the end of the exam and you will receive a printed report of your results at the test center.
- Results Processing: Within 72 hours of your exam, your results will be processed, your account will be updated, and, if applicable, your badge will be updated in the usgbc.org People directory. You can download a copy of your certificate through your usgbc.org account.
- Rescheduling and Cancellations: Permitted up to 3 days prior to exam. Some fees may apply. Learn more
Please be aware that if a candidate exits the exam for any reason, they must retake the exam and cannot continue the current exam.
Exam Topic Breakdown
The exam is broken down into the following segments:
- LEED Process (16 Questions)
- Integrative Strategies (8 Questions)
- Location and Transportation (7 Questions)
- Sustainable Sites (7 Questions)
- Water Efficiency (9 Questions)
- Energy and Atmosphere (10 Questions)
- Materials and Resources (9 Questions)
- Indoor Environmental Quality (8 Questions)
- Project Surroundings and Public Outreach (11 Questions)
* The exam contains 15 unscored questions. There is no way to know which questions are the unscored questions.
Download the LEED Green Associate Candidate Handbook for more information about the exam.
Register Now Course Package: $99
Questions? Call 1-800-518-1877
Testimonial by Anu Ramsami