BPI Building Science Principles
This course is approved for the following
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS:
|Delaware Real Estate Appraisers CE Hours||BPI CEU||ASHI CE|
Maine real estate active associate brokers, brokers and designated brokers earn 12 Delaware Real Estate Appraisers Continuing Education Hours by completing this online course.
- Recognized by the Delaware Real Estate Appraisers Commission.
- Course completion certificate emailed to you within 48 hours (upon request after course completion).
About The Course
This course covers all the basics of building science, including air leakage and energy transfer, insulation, moisture, indoor air quality, lighting and appliances, combustion safety and more. You also get the business perspective as applied to home performance contractors.
- All online
- Go at your own pace
- No studying, no exams!
Register Now Course Package: $99
* Proof of Delaware Real Estate Appraiser certificate/license must be provided upon request in order to take advantage of this specially-priced course.
Course Package Includes:
- 12 hours of online multimedia training with video instructor (90 day access)
• Available 24/7 • Learn at your own pace • Review as often as you like
- Phone and email access to instructors to answer your questions
- Practice exam questions
- Our 300% Iron-Clad Success and Satisfaction Guarantee
- Delaware Real Estate Commission approved certificate of course completion emailed to you within 48 hours (upon request, after successful completion of course)
Why Take This Course
- Learn how various components of the home interact to affect the home’s overall performance.
- Understand the relationship between the building envelope, heating, A/C, insulation, mechanical ventilation, lighting, appliances and the home's other systems.
- Learn how all of these systems affect the comfort, health and safety of occupants and durability of the home.
- Discover why improving the energy efficiency of the home is the first step toward solar, geothermal or other renewable energy improvements.
- You will be able to work with homeowners to improve their comfort and safety, and reduce their energy bills.
- Pass the optional BPI exam and earn your BPI Building Science certificate to add to your qualifications and credibility (exam fees extra).
- Basic Construction Terminology
- Principles of Energy
- Observational Diagnostics
- House-As-a System
- Air Leakage
- Energy & the Building Shell
- Residential Heating
- Residential Cooling
- Residential Insulation
- Windows & doors
- Health, Safety & Moisture Management
- Lighting & Appliances
- Water Heating
Learn From The Best!
Your instructor, Dallas Jones is a nationally recognized educator and curriculum developer with over 25 years of teaching experience. He currently serves on the RESNET Training and Education Committee. His certifications include: HERS Rater, Rater Trainer, ASNT Level 1 Thermographer, BPI Building Analyst, Envelope Specialist and Field Examiner. He also holds advanced BPI certifications including BPI Energy Auditor, Quality Control Inspector, and Retrofit Installer.
Register Now Only $99
* Proof of Delaware Real Estate Appraiser must be provided upon request in order to take advantage of this specially-priced course.
Pass the exam to earn your BPI Building Science Principals Certificate, which allows you to educate homeowners about potential building performance problems, and to know when to call in an expert BPI Building Analyst or Envelope Professional to conduct diagnostic testing or weatherization work. Exam is online, 100 multiple-choice questions, with a 2 hour time limit. $99. Buy Direct From BPI
Reference GuideYour course provides all the materials and information you need to ace the exam, but if you want to supplement your course materials you can buy the BPI Building Science Principles Reference Guide direct from BPI. $99 Buy Direct From BPI