Solar Heating System Design & Installation Training Course
Learn the basics of Solar Thermal in this 60-hour, 15-lesson online solar training course. This solar training prepares you with the knowledge you need to gain an entry level position in the solar industry. It is useful for people who currently work in or plan to be employed in the solar hot water industry.
The course concentrates on the basics of installing code-compliant solar hot water systems. You'll learn practical design criteria, installation guidelines, safety issues, maintenance, and legal considerations of solar hot water heating systems.
This course is IREC ISPQ Accredited and NABCEP Registered. It is recognized by NABCEP for 60 contact hours of training, meets the solar thermal training requirement for the Installer Exam, and may also be used for recertification of NABCEP Installer Certifications.
Course delivered by Sun Pirate
Certification & Re-Certification
- NABCEP approved for 60 continuing education contact hours of training
- Can be used toward NABCEP Installer Certification and re-certification
- Meets the training requirement for the solar thermal training for the NABCEP Installer Exam.
- IREC ISPQ Accredited
Course Package Includes:
- 15 modules (approx 60 hours) of online training
• Available 24/7 • Learn at your own pace • Review as often as you like
- Backed by Our 300% Iron-Clad Success and Satisfaction Guarantee
- Solar Domestic Water Heating text book and binder for storing useful information.
- Communication with instructor through course message boards, email and phone.
- Final Exam
- Recognize the various types of residential solar hot water heating systems and components currently in use.
- Demonstrate safe working practices.
- Distinguish between solar system freeze protection options.
- Properly design and size residential solar hot water heating systems.
- Assist in the planning and installation of solar collectors and components.
- Understand the types of codes and standards that apply to the proper installation of solar heating systems.
- Understand the types of permits, warranties, and the customer relations required for completion of the overall solar project.
- Assist in the servicing of common solar assisted heating problems.
- Lesson 1: Introduction to solar hot water heating systems
- Lesson 2: Capturing the sun
- Lesson 3: Solar heating of domestic hot water
- Lesson 4: Solar thermal collectors
- Lesson 5: Solar hot water system selection
- Lesson 6: SHW heating system components
- Lesson 7: Planning SHW system layout
- Lesson 8: Designing SHW systems
- Lesson 9: Sizing solar water heating systems
- Lesson 10: Working safely with solar hot water
- Lesson 11: Installation of SHW systems
- Lesson 12: Service & maintenance of SHW heating systems
- Lesson 13: Selling solar thermal systems
- Lesson 14: Solar pool heating systems
- Lesson 15: Commercial SHW and solar space heating overview
Who Should Attend?
- Contractors, installers, technicians
- Those interested in entering the solar industry
Course Package: $595
Questions? Call 1-800-518-1877
I have taken the RESNET Level I and II Home Energy Survey Professional and the BPI Building Analyst I Training with Dallas Jones of Green Training USA. My training experience was exceptional. Dallas brings both his knowledge of home energy and his field experience into the classroom and presents it in an organized, easy to follow manner. The field demonstrations of the diagnostic equipment and techniques presented by Dallas provided me with a wealth of knowledge. I would highly recommend Dallas Jones and Green Training USA to anyone who is considering training in the home energy field.
Energy Raters of East Texas, LLC.
Great Class! Great Instructor! Top Notch! I’ve gone through a lot of classes in my 20 plus years; yours is among the best.
Fox Inspection Group
I thought the training was thorough and well taught. I do not believe I could have passed the exam without such a good course. I would recommend this course for anyone starting out in the Energy Audit field.
Green Training USA provided me with the basic knowledge and hands-on skills to start doing home energy audits immediately. The instructor was focused on the required training content and was also very responsive to questions from the participants. He was able to answer both practical and technical questions and blend them into the general discussion. The test preparation materials were very good and I had no problem passing the RESNET Level II Exam. Overall I am very happy with the course and the results.
Mason-Dixon Home Inspection Services
I would like to salute Green Training USA on the excellent quality of your BPI training course. The instructor, Dallas Jones, was very knowledgeable on the subject matter and presented the material in an efficient and interesting manner. The course materials were professionally prepared and very helpful. I look forward to working with Green Training USA in the future and I will attend future training programs.
Building Inspection Service
Since Todd’s staff took Green Training USA's training and become BPI and RESNET certified, we have experienced an increase in pride in ourselves and our customers. Our BPI and RESNET certified technicians carry and share their expertise proudly. Our customers trust that expertise and easily welcome our “experts” into their homes. We have had local news recognize us as the experts, also. It is extremely rewarding as our customers call us after completing the work in their homes to thank us for finally being comfortable. The word is spreading fast that we are the experts in comfort. On top of all of this we are experiencing a growing customer base and revenue. Becoming BPI and RESNET certified and partnering with Home Energy Team was, by far, the best business decision we could have made. Now we are not just a “heating & cooling company,” but we are becoming known as the “Experts in Home Comfort".
Todds Heating and Cooling
By taking the BPI Building Analyst and BPI Envelope Combined Course through Green Training USA, I was able to save money on the course and exam fees. And, since I completed their self-paced online study prior to taking their hands-on site training, I was only away from my business for a few days. Now I’m going to get both certifications sooner and be eligible for more government/utility programs a lot earlier than if I had taken the classes separately. Many thanks to the team at Green Training USA.
Atlas Home Energy Solutions
Save Time & Money
with online training
Learn Now, Pay Later
Home Performance Business Tools
- Energy Audit Software
- Job Pricing Calculator
- Project Management Portal
90-Day FREE Trial
Request a FREE
or submit this form...