LEED Green Associate Exam Prep
Our LEED Green Associate Exam Prep course provides all the educational requirements to ace the LEED® Green Associate Exam the first time. It presents the core concepts of sustainable design and all 9 LEED® Rating Systems®.
This course includes live webinars or classroom training, on-demand videos and resource materials, access to a LEED professional educator, and a large database of practice exam questions to prepare you for exam day!
Live Webinar Package: $299
Classroom Training Package: $399
See the REGISTER tab below for course dates.
- What's Included
- Learning Objectives
- Who Should Take Course
- About LEED Certification
- LEED Green Assoc Exam
Course Package Includes:
- Live webinar series OR 1 day of classroom training (9am-5pm)
- On-demand videos and resource materials
- Email access to a LEED Professional Educator
- Two 100 practice exam questions
- 50 flashcards to improve learning
- Our 300% Iron-Clad Success and Satisfaction Guarantee
See the REGISTER tab for course dates.
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Introduce the tasks necessary to effectively and safely administer LEED
- Define LEED, the current LEED rating systems, and market adaptations
- Work with other professionals on LEED projects
- Review existing projects and learn how to use the new LEED v4 requirements
- Understand LEED core concepts and credit categories for all building types
- Capture knowledge of LEED BD+C Knowledge and Task Domains when preparing for the LEED Green Associate exam
Who Should Take This Course?
- Architects, engineers, construction managers
- Multi-building facility managers, government facility managers, property managers
- General contractors, commercial HVAC contractors, insulation contractors
- Utility representatives and managers
- Anyone interested in green building design & construction
Live Webinar Dates
March 24, 26 & 31
Classroom Training Dates
New York City
The LEED rating system for green building is the most widely recognized and used rating system in the world. LEED certification means the local and global communities can rest assured that these buildings have fewer negative impacts on the environment because they encourage resourcefulness and energy awareness and savings. LEED also represents global leaders for positive ecological change; according to the USGBC, “88 of the Fortune 100 companies are already using LEED.”
LEED Certification Overview
The LEED certification process allows a building to earn points from nine basic areas. Our courses will familiarize you with these areas so you can fully understand the certification process. The nine key aspects include: Integrative Process, Location and Transportation, Sustainable Sites, Water Efficiency, Energy and Atmosphere, Materials and Resources, Indoor Environmental Quality, Innovation, Regional Priority and based on these categories, a project can earn one of four LEED rating levels: LEED Certified, LEED Silver, LEED Gold, or LEED Platinum.
Using Your LEED Green Associate Credential
As soon as you have passed the exam, you can use the title “LEED Green Associate” or “LEED Green Assoc”. All instances should be noted as “LEED® Green Associate™” or “LEED® Green Assoc.” (“LEED GA” is not an approved abbreviation for the LEED Green Associate credential, and should not be used.)
Once your exam results have been processed, you can request your certificate. Certificates are available in two forms: PDF softcopy and a hardcopy.
LEED Green Associates must complete 15 continuing education (CE) hours within two years of earning their credential.
Earning LEED AP after LEED® Green Associate™
If you are a LEED Green Associate when you earn the LEED AP credential, your LEED Green Associate credential expires and is replaced by LEED AP.
LEED Green Associate Exam
The LEED Green Associate exam consists of 200 questions; it is a timed examination that must be completed in 2 hours (120minutes) or less in addition to a 10 minute intro tutorial. Exams have both scored and unscored sections. All questions are delivered randomly throughout the exam and each question should be answered completely. Unscored questions will be used for future testing purposes. Exams are computer-based and questions are displayed and questions and answers are displayed on a screen. You do have the option to skip questions, flag questions for later, and change answers. Please be aware that if a candidate exits the exam for any reason, they must retake the exam and cannot continue the current exam. The exam format is broken down into the following segments:
- LEED Process (16 Questions)
- Integrative Strategies (8 Questions)
- Location and Transportation (7 Questions)
- Sustainable Sites (7 Questions)
- Water Efficiency (9 Questions)
- Energy and Atmosphere (10 Questions)
- Materials and Resources (9 Questions)
- Indoor Environmental Quality (8 Questions)
- Project Surroundings and Public Outreach (11 Questions)
*The exam contains 15 pretest questions.
Exam Scoring & Results
All LEED® Professional exams are scored between 125 and 200. A score of 170 or higher is required to pass. Your exam score will be displayed on screen at the end of the exam and you will receive a printed report of your results at the test center. Within 72 hours of your appointment, your exam results will be processed, your account will be updated, and, if applicable, your badge will be updated in the usgbc.org People directory.
Questions? Call 1-800-518-1877
Testimonial by Anu Ramsami
or submit this form...