LEED AP Building Design + Construction (BD+C) Exam Prep Course
Our LEED AP Building Design and Construction (BD+C) Exam Prep Course is specifically designed to help you pass the BD+C Exam and retain the knowledge long after the exam is over.
The course provides a thorough review of sustainable design, construction, and building operations associated with the LEED AP BD+C rating system, and reviews the skills required to participate in the LEED application and certification process. Register today and prepare to earn your LEED BD+C certification!
Course Package: $299
See the REGISTER tab below for course dates.
Course Package Includes:
- Live webinar series (See the REGISTER tab for course dates)
- On-demand videos and resource materials
- Email access to a LEED Professional Educator
- 2,100 practice exam questions
- 50 flashcards
- Our 300% Iron-Clad Success and Satisfaction Guarantee
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Navigate the LEED application and certification process for project teams
- Lead others through the Integrated Design Process
- Identify and master the resources that support the LEED process, including LEED Online.
- Enrich their understanding of the credit requirements for all adaptations of the LEED BD+C Rating System
- Complete the documentation for project submittal and understand the key team members responsible for its submittal
Who Should Take This Course?
- Architects, engineers, construction managers
- Multi-building facility managers, government facility managers, property managers
- General contractors, commercial HVAC contractors, insulation contractors
- Utility representatives and managers
- Anyone interested in green building design & construction
Instruction is through live webinar on the dates listed below.
Each course includes 3 live webinars.
April 7, 9 & 14
About LEED BD+C
LEED BD+C was created to give builders the knowledge and tools to create sustainable structures that have minimal impact on the environment while offering the same values and amenities as a traditional structure. The LEED BD+C rating system is used in new and existing construction for all kinds of construction projects, including schools, healthcare and hospitality projects, retail and distribution centers, etc. The LEED BD+C exam is designed to test the knowledge and skills necessary to participate in the design process, to encourage and support integrated design, and to streamline the certification and application process.
LEED Certification Overview
LEED certification allows a building to earn points from nine basic areas. Our courses familiarize you with these areas so you can fully understand the certification process. The nine areas include: Integrative Process, Location and Transportation, Sustainable Sites, Water Efficiency, Energy and Atmosphere, Materials and Resources, Indoor Environmental Quality, Innovation, and Regional Priority. Based on these categories, a project can earn one of four LEED rating levels: LEED Certified, LEED Silver, LEED Gold, or LEED Platinum.
Using Your LEED AP Credential
Once you have passed the exam, you can begin to use the title “LEED AP” followed by your Specialty (BD+C) designation.
Once your exam results have been processed, you can request your certificates; which are available in PDF and in printed hardcopy. Please see the usgbc.org website for ordering info.
LEED APs must complete 30 continuing education hours every two years.
Earning LEED AP after LEED® Green Associate™
If you are a LEED Green Associate when you earn the LEED AP credential, your LEED Green Associate credential expires and is replaced by LEED AP.
LEED BD+C Exam
The LEED AP® exam is comprised of two parts, the LEED Green Associate™ exam and the LEED AP exam. Each part contains 100 randomly selected multiple choice questions and each part must be completed in 2 hours. Total seat time for the LEED AP exam will be 4 hours and 20 minutes including a 10 minute tutorial and a 10 minute survey. Individuals who have already completed their Green Associate can sit for the AP designation exam separately and do not have to retake the Green Associate section. Exams have both scored and unscored sections. All questions are delivered randomly throughout the exam and each questions should be answered completely. Unscored questions will be used for future testing purposes. Exams are computer-based and questions are displayed and questions and answers are displayed on a screen. You do have the option to skip questions, flag questions for later, and change answers. Please be aware that if a candidate exits the exam for any reason, they must retake the exam and cannot continue the current exam.The LEED BD+C exam is broken down as follows:
- LEED Process (8 Questions)
- Integrative Strategies (9 Questions)
- Location and Transportation (9 Questions)
- Sustainable Sites (9 Questions)
- Water Efficiency (9 Questions)
- Energy and Atmosphere (14 Questions)
- Materials and Resources (12 Questions)
- Indoor Environmental Quality (11 Questions)
- Project Surroundings and Public Outreach (4 Questions)
The exam also contains 15 questions that have no value and will be used for future tests.
Exam Scoring & Results
All LEED® Professional exams receive a score between 125 and 200. In order to pass, a score of 170 or higher is required. Your exam score will be displayed on screen at the end of the exam as well as a printed report. For the LEED AP® combined exams, you must earn a 170 or higher on both parts within the same period to earn the credential. Within 72 hours of your appointment, your exam results will be processed, and your information updated.