Home Energy Survey Professional (HESP)
This 16-hour e-Learning course will prepare you for the RESNET HESP Certification Exam. The course covers all the foundational building energy and construction science to begin a career as a home energy professional.
As a Home Energy Survey Professional, you'll be qualified to conduct a walk-through assessment of the home's general energy performance and make basic recom-mendations for improvements or further analysis.
Begin the online course immediately and take up to 45 days to complete. When finished, we will arrange for you to take the HESP Exam with a qualified proctor in your area (Once you've completed the course, schedule your exam here).
Why Become a RESNET HESP?
RESNET’s Top Exec Explains
Nationwide Member Package Price: $745Reg. $1200 - Save $455
Course Package Includes:
- 16 hour e-Learning course with video instructor
- Residential Energy book by Krigger and Dorsi
- Study guide
- Practice exam questions
- RESNET HESP Exam Fee
- RESNET HESP Provider Fee for the first year ($250 value)
- RESNET Membership ($350 value)
- Our 100% Success Guarantee If you don't pass your certification exam(s) for any reason, you can re-take our course curriculum* at no additional charge until you achieve a passing grade.
Benefits of the Course
- You will be able to work with homeowners to improve their comfort and safety, and reduce their energy bills.
- Your certification provides added credibility that helps you grow your business.
- STUDENT DISCOUNT – Save $250 when you sign up for
Home Energy Team's Turn-Key Business Package. It has
EVERYTHING you need to build a home performance business,
or add home performance to your existing business. A la carte services available.
Who Should Take This Course?
- Home inspectors, appraisers
- Contractors: HVAC, insulation, windows and doors, air sealing, roofing, handyman, remodelers, duct cleaning and/or replacement
- Those interested in a new career
- Minimum survey inspected features/report requirements
- Basics of heat transfer concepts
- Building performance testing and Air distribution leakage
- Definitions, energy terminology and energy units
- Combustion appliance concerns
- Basics of envelope leakage, thermal bypass and thermal bridging
- Determining envelope insulation, quality and recommended levels
- Determining HVAC, appliance and window/door efficiencies
- Determining shading and building orientation characteristics
- Determining thermal boundaries
- The house as an interactive System
Questions? Please call us at 1-855-787-2323
RESNET Membership - Included in Your Package
Completing the HESP course and passing the exam qualifies your company to become a RESNET member (Included in this special package for Nationwide members). Membership benefits include use of RESNET logos, brochures and promotional videos and a company profile on the RESNET website.