HOT DEAL - RESNET HERS Rater Online Training
Only $545 - Reg. 995 SAVE $450
Valid Until Friday, April 19, 2013
Deal is over. Sorry you missed it.
This intensive training program provides you with the online training required to become a Certified RESNET HERS Rater*. With your HERS Rater certification, you will be able to help builders and architects positively affect building design using a whole house, total systems approach.
RESNET’s Top Exec Explains
Course Tuition: $545
(Reg. Price: $995 SAVE $450)
Deal is over. Sorry you missed it. Sign up to get more Hot Deals
In this course, you'll learn about the powerful diagnostic equipment and state-of-the-art software to aid you in the energy analysis of a home. You will learn how to perform energy ratings and provide homeowners and home builders with detailed analyses of energy consumption, and provide recommendations for energy conservation and cost savings. And you'll learn about the latest energy finance and incentive programs that can help you expand your business.
Course Package Includes:
- 28 hours of e-Learning modules with video instructor
- INTERCAZ Combustion Safety Simulation (SAVE $49)
- Home Energy Rating Handbook
- Training DVD
- Our 100% Success Guarantee If you don't pass your certification exam(s) for any reason, you can re-take our online course curriculum at no additional charge until you achieve a passing grade.
- Student pricing on diagnostic equipment. Financing available. Get a Quote
* INCLUDED * INTERCAZ Combustion Safety Simulation
Master combustion appliance safety with an immersive, life-like training simulation. Just like playing a video game!
Proven to increase skills and improve knowledge retention.
Learn More >>
Applications in the Field
Energy ratings are commonly used as verification methods for programs such as Energy Star, LEED® for Homes, and various regional programs. This training will prepare you to perform energy ratings in these, and similar settings.
Benefits of the Course
- You will be able to provide verification for programs such as EnergyStar and LEED® for Homes
- You will be able to work with home builders and architects to design energy efficient solutions.
- You will be able to advise homeowners on measures to improve their home's performance and energy efficiency, and help them improve their comfort and safety, and reduce their energy bills.
- Our partners at Home Energy Team will help you build a home performance business (or add home performance to your existing business) with the Home Energy Team complete business solution. A la carte business services also available. (Additional fees apply).
Who Should Take This Course?
- Contractors: HVAC, insulation, air sealing, remodeling, windows and doors, siding, plumbing, handyman, solar, IAQ, roofing, home automation professionals.
- BPI Certified professionals seeking to become HERS Raters.
- Those looking to start a new career or business.
- An understanding of building science and home construction principles--how the house works as a system
- Principles of heat, air, and moisture transfer
- How to use state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment to diagnose air leakage, comfort and indoor air quality, (including setup and operation of blower door and duct leakage testing equipment and infrared camera diagnostics)
- Ability to produce a complete home energy analysis using Rem/Rate™ software
- How to certify an ENERGY STAR home
- An Understanding of the services and responsibilities of a HERS Rater and Provider
- HERS Rater Certification Process
- Ability to produce accurate and unbiased home energy ratings for new and existing homes
- How to create or expand your business leveraging home comfort, HERS and diagnostics procedures
Questions? Please call us at 1-855-787-2323
Additional Resources you may wish to purchase:
Energy Auditor Field Guide ($49) --- Describes best practices used in assessing the performance of existing homes. Order Now.
Building Shell Field Guide ($49) --- Describes the best practices for improving the efficiency and durability of the building shell in existing homes. Order Now.
Blower Door Testing ($10)---This 8.5x11 durable two-sided sheet covers blower door set-up, testing and test result evaluation. Order Now.