Building Energy & Weatherization Basics
This Course is BPI Recognized for 12 CEU Credits
This course is based on the U.S. Department of Energy’s standardized curriculum and is 16 hours of online instruction*. Upon completion, you will be eligible to take the BPI Air Leakage Control Installer Course and subsequent certification.
After an initial Introduction to Weatherization, you'll receive instruction in Communication Skills, Basic Construction Terminology, Building Science and Blower Door Basics, Defining Pressure and Thermal Boundaries, Combustion Safety, Worker Safety, Materials, Tools & Equipment, Typical Weatherization Measures, and Math Basics.
* Construction Terminology and Math Basics may be delivered onsite or on a webinar.
Course Package: $599
Course Package Includes:
- 16 hours of online multimedia training with video instructor (90 day access)
• Available 24/7 • Learn at your own pace • Review as often as you like
- Phone and email access to instructors to answer your questions
- Backed by Our 300% Iron-Clad Success and Satisfaction Guarantee
Benefits of the Course
- Earn 12 BPI CEUs
- Upon completion, you will be eligible to take the BPI Air Leakage Control Installer Course and subsequent certification.
- Save travel cost, time, and lost revenue with online multimedia training.
Who Should Attend
- Incumbent workers without construction experience
- Unemployed or underemployed
- Anyone, at any level, looking for a new skill or career
- Introduction to Weatherization
- Communication Skills
- Basic Construction Terminology
- Building Science and Blower Door Basics
- Defining Pressure and Thermal Boundaries
- Combustion Safety
- Worker Safety
- Materials, Tools & Equipment
- Typical Weatherization Measures
- Math Basics
Learn From The Best!
Your instructor, Dallas Jones is a nationally recognized educator and curriculum developer with over 25 years of teaching experience. He currently serves on the RESNET Training and Education Committee. His certifications include: HERS Rater, Rater Trainer, ASNT Level 1 Thermographer, BPI Building Analyst, Envelope Specialist and Field Examiner. He also holds advanced BPI certifications including BPI Energy Auditor, Quality Control Inspector, and Retrofit Installer.
How is Our Online Multimedia Training Better than Classroom Training?
No Travel Time & ExpenseWith online training there's no travel time or expense, no time away from your family, and no time away from work. The average company loses around $500/day for each employee missing work. Can you afford that?
FlexibilityStudy when you want, where you want.
Learn at Your Own SpeedOur online training is self-paced, so you can learn at your own speed and review anything at any time. With classroom learning, the instructor may go too fast or too slow for you, and you don't get the chance to review until you're completely lost.
Skip Previously Completed ContentFor future training, you can skip the modules you've already taken and spend your time learning the new material.
ConsistencyOur online instructors never have a bad day, never fumble over an explanation, and never cancel class.
Help When You Need ItIf you have questions, an instructor is just a phone call or email away! And our Frequently Asked Questions section has common questions asked by students.
Easy to UseIf you can send an email, you can use our online learning system.
Education Built for AdultsOur instructors have decades of experience teaching adults, and present the materials in multiple ways to help you understand and retain the information.
Earn Multiple Certifications at OnceOur training is built in modules, and completing the modules for one certification will often cover all or most of the modules for other certifications.
Lowest Price GuaranteedWith our Best Price Guarantee, you know you're getting the lowest possible price.
300% Iron-Clad Success & Satisfaction GuaranteeIf you don't pass your certification exam, you can take the online course curriculum again until you pass. That's peace of mind that can also save you money! Learn more >>
- Start online training immediately
- Available 24x7 - even from your smart phone
- Review material as needed
You're in Control
Complete your training when it's convenient for you - from anywhere you have internet access. Start your online training immediately and log in anytime over the next 90 days. Start and stop when you want, and pick up right from the spot you left off last time. Learn at your own pace and go back and review materials as needed. It all adds up to superior quality training at a guaranteed lowest price - with complete flexibility!
Course Package: $599
Questions? Call 1-800-518-1877
BPI’s Top Exec Explains