Building Energy & Weatherization Basics
This course is based on the U.S. Department of Energy’s standardized curriculum and is 16 hours of online instruction.* Upon completion, you will be eligible to take the BPI Whole House Air Leakage Control Installer Course and subsequent certification.
After an initial Introduction to Weatherization, you'll receive instruction in Communication Skills, Basic Construction Terminology, Building Science and Blower Door Basics, Defining Pressure and Thermal Boundaries, Combustion Safety, Worker Safety, Materials, Tools & Equipment, Typical Weatherization Measures, and Math Basics.
*Construction Terminology and Math Basics may be delivered onsite or on a webinar.
- 16 hours of online multimedia training with video instructor (90 day access)
• Available 24/7 • Learn at your own pace • Review as often as you like
Backed by Our 300% Iron-Clad Success and Satisfaction Guarantee
- Phone and email access to instructors to answer your questions
Benefits of the Course
Upon completion, you will be eligible to take the BPI Whole House Air Leakage Control Installer Course and subsequent certification.
Save travel cost, time, and lost revenue with online multimedia training.
Who Should Attend?
- Incumbent workers without construction experience
- Unemployed or underemployed
- Anyone, at any level, looking for a new skill or career
- Introduction to Weatherization
- Communication Skills
- Basic Construction Terminology
- Building Science and Blower Door Basics
- Defining Pressure and Thermal Boundaries
- Combustion Safety
- Worker Safety
- Materials, Tools & Equipment
- Typical Weatherization Measures
- Math Basics