RESNET Home Energy Survey Professional (HESP)
This Course is BPI Recognized for 12 CEU Credits
Add energy surveys to your contracting business, and start a career as a home energy survey professional.
As a RESNET HESP, you'll be qualified to conduct a walk-through assessment of a home's general energy performance and make basic recommendations for improvements or further analysis. The course covers all the foundational building energy and construction science to begin a career as a home energy professional.
Register Now ASHI Members: $375 / Reg. $799
Course Package Includes:
- 16 hour online multimedia training with video instructor (90 day access)
• Available 24/7 • Learn at your own pace • Review as often as you like
- Phone and email access to instructors to answer your questions
- Study guide
- Practice exam questions
- RESNET HESP Provider Fee for the first year
- Our 300% Iron-Clad Success and Satisfaction Guarantee
- RESNET HESP Exam ($99) Purchase HESP Exam Only
Why Take This Course
RESNET’s Top Exec Explains
- You will be able to work with homeowners to improve their comfort and safety, and reduce their energy bills.
- Your certification provides added credibility that helps you grow your business.
- Save travel cost, time, and lost revenue with online multimedia training.
Who Should Take This Course?
- Home inspectors, appraisers
- Contractors: HVAC, insulation, windows and doors, air sealing, roofing, handyman, remodelers, duct cleaning and/or replacement
- Those interested in a new career
- Minimum survey inspected features/report requirements
- Basics of heat transfer concepts
- Building performance testing and Air distribution leakage
- Definitions, energy terminology and energy units
- Combustion appliance concerns
- Basics of envelope leakage, thermal bypass and thermal bridging
- Determining envelope insulation, quality and recommended levels
- Determining HVAC, appliance and window/door efficiencies
- Determining shading and building orientation characteristics
- Determining thermal boundaries.
- The house as an interactive system
Learn From The Best!
Your instructor, Dallas Jones is a nationally recognized educator and curriculum developer with over 25 years of teaching experience. He currently serves on the RESNET Training and Education Committee. His certifications include: HERS Rater, Rater Trainer, ASNT Level 1 Thermographer, BPI Building Analyst, Envelope Specialist and Field Examiner. He also holds advanced BPI certifications including BPI Energy Auditor, Quality Control Inspector, and Retrofit Installer.
How is Our Online Multimedia Training Better than Classroom Training?
No Travel Time & ExpenseWith online training there's no travel time or expense, no time away from your family, and no time away from work. The average company loses around $500/day for each employee missing work. Can you afford that?
FlexibilityStudy when you want, where you want.
Learn at Your Own SpeedOur online training is self-paced, so you can learn at your own speed and review anything at any time. With classroom learning, the instructor may go too fast or too slow for you, and you don't get the chance to review until you're completely lost.
Skip Previously Completed ContentFor future training, you can skip the modules you've already taken and spend your time learning the new material.
ConsistencyOur online instructors never have a bad day, never fumble over an explanation, and never cancel class.
Help When You Need ItIf you have questions, an instructor is just a phone call or email away! And our Frequently Asked Questions section has common questions asked by students.
Easy to UseIf you can send an email, you can use our online learning system.
Education Built for AdultsOur instructors have decades of experience teaching adults, and present the materials in multiple ways to help you understand and retain the information.
Earn Multiple Certifications at OnceOur training is built in modules, and completing the modules for one certification will often cover all or most of the modules for other certifications.
Lowest Price GuaranteedWith our Best Price Guarantee, you know you're getting the lowest possible price.
300% Iron-Clad Success & Satisfaction GuaranteeIf you don't pass your certification exam, you can take the online course curriculum again until you pass. That's peace of mind that can also save you money! Learn more >>
Enjoy Our Flexible Training
- Avoid course delays and cancellations
- Start online training immediately
- Schedule your exam when you're ready
You're in Control
Complete your training on your own schedule, and take your exam when you want at a location near you. Start your online training immediately. No waiting around for classes to fill up, or for other students to dictate your training or exam schedule. Simply tell us when you're ready to take your exam and we'll schedule it within 14 business days at a location near you. Superior quality training at an unbeatable price - with complete flexibility!
Proof of ASHI Membership
You must provide proof of your ASHI Membership to take advantage of this specially-priced course package.