Solar Photovoltaic System Design & Installation Training
Learn the basics of Photovoltaic System Design & Installation in this 15-lesson online solar training course. The course concentrates on the basics of installing code-compliant photovoltaic systems. It is useful for people who currently work in, or plan to be employed in, the photovoltaic power industry. This course is IREC ISPQ Accredited and NABCEP Registered.
The essential training objective of this course is to provide the photovoltaic installer / technician / contractor with fundamental technical knowledge on photovoltaics in order to acquire skills and advance in design, installation and servicing responsibilities.The course prepares you to pass the NABCEP PV Entry Level Exam and provides the solar installer training required for you to pass the Installer Exam.
Course delivered by Sun Pirate.
Certification & Re-Certification
- NABCEP approved for 60 continuing education contact hours of training.
- Can be used towards NABCEP Installer Certification and re-certification.
- Meets the training requirement for the solar installer training for the Installer Exam.
- IREC ISPQ Accredited.
Course Package Includes:
- 15 modules (approx. 60 hours) of online training
- Photovoltaic Systems text book and binder for storing useful information
- Communication with instructor through course message boards, email and phone.
- Final Exam
- Our 100% Success Guarantee If you don't pass your certification exam(s) for any reason, you can re-take our course curriculum* at no additional charge until you achieve a passing grade.
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Photovoltaic Systems
- Lesson 2: Capturing the Sun
- Lesson 3: Solar Site Evaluation
- Lesson 4: Photovoltaic System Components
- Lesson 5: PV Module Fundamentals
- Lesson 6: PV Battery System Design
- Lesson 7: PV Controller System Design
- Lesson 8: PV Inverter System Design
- Lesson 9: Photovoltaic System Sizing
- Lesson 10: Installation of Photovoltaic Systems
- Lesson 11: Photovoltaic System Electrical Integration
- Lesson 12: Utility-Interactive Systems
- Lesson 13: Permitting and Inspection
- Lesson 14: PV System Maintenance and Performance Analysis
- Lesson 15: Economic Analysis
Who Should Attend?
- Contractors, installers, technicians
- Those interested in entering the solar industry
Questions? Please call us at 1-800-518-1877
I have taken the RESNET Level I and II Home Energy Survey Professional and the BPI Building Analyst I Training with Dallas Jones of Green Training USA. My training experience was exceptional. Dallas brings both his knowledge of home energy and his field experience into the classroom and presents it in an organized, easy to follow manner. The field demonstrations of the diagnostic equipment and techniques presented by Dallas provided me with a wealth of knowledge. I would highly recommend Dallas Jones and Green Training USA to anyone who is considering training in the home energy field.Ryan Hinch
Energy Raters of East Texas, LLC.
Great Class! Great Instructor! Top Notch! I’ve gone through a lot of classes in my 20 plus years; yours is among the best.Gordon Fox
Fox Inspection Group
I thought the training was thorough and well taught. I do not believe I could have passed the exam without such a good course. I would recommend this course for anyone starting out in the Energy Audit field.Terry Wigfield
Green Training USA provided me with the basic knowledge and hands-on skills to start doing home energy audits immediately. The instructor was focused on the required training content and was also very responsive to questions from the participants. He was able to answer both practical and technical questions and blend them into the general discussion. The test preparation materials were very good and I had no problem passing the RESNET Level II Exam. Overall I am very happy with the course and the results.Steve Gorman
Mason-Dixon Home Inspection Services
I would like to salute Green Training USA on the excellent quality of your BPI training course. The instructor, Dallas Jones, was very knowledgeable on the subject matter and presented the material in an efficient and interesting manner. The course materials were professionally prepared and very helpful. I look forward to working with Green Training USA in the future and I will attend future training programs.Bob Blanchfield
Building Inspection Service
Since Todd’s staff took Green Training USA's training and become BPI and RESNET certified, we have experienced an increase in pride in ourselves and our customers. Our BPI and RESNET certified technicians carry and share their expertise proudly. Our customers trust that expertise and easily welcome our “experts” into their homes. We have had local news recognize us as the experts, also. It is extremely rewarding as our customers call us after completing the work in their homes to thank us for finally being comfortable. The word is spreading fast that we are the experts in comfort. On top of all of this we are experiencing a growing customer base and revenue. Becoming BPI and RESNET certified and partnering with Home Energy Team was, by far, the best business decision we could have made. Now we are not just a “heating & cooling company,” but we are becoming known as the “Experts in Home Comfort".Michael Murphysweet
Todds Heating and Cooling
By taking the BPI Building Analyst and BPI Envelope Combined Course through Green Training USA, I was able to save money on the course and exam fees. And, since I completed their self-paced online study prior to taking their hands-on site training, I was only away from my business for a few days. Now I’m going to get both certifications sooner and be eligible for more government/utility programs a lot earlier than if I had taken the classes separately. Many thanks to the team at Green Training USA.Matt Sera
Atlas Home Energy Solutions