RESNET Home Energy Survey Professional (HESP) Training & Certification
This Course is BPI Recognized for
12 CEU Credits
Add energy surveys to your contracting business, and start a career as an energy survey professional.
As a RESNET HESP, you'll be qualified to conduct a walk-through assessment of a home's general energy performance and make basic recommendations for improvements or further analysis. The course covers all the foundational building energy and construction science to begin a career as a home energy professional.
Course Package Includes:
- 16 hour HESP e-Learning course with video instructor (90 day access)
• Available 24/7 • Learn at your own pace • Review as often as you like
Backed by Our 300% Iron-Clad Success and Satisfaction Guarantee
- Phone and email access to instructors to answer your questions
- Study guide
- Practice exam questions
- RESNET HESP Exam Fee
- RESNET HESP Provider Fee for the first year
Benefits of the Course
- You will be able to work with homeowners to improve their comfort and safety, and reduce their energy bills.
- Your certification provides added credibility that helps you grow your business.
- Save Time & Money wIth Online Training - Click to Learn More
Who Should Take This Course?
- Home inspectors, appraisers
- Contractors: HVAC, insulation, windows and doors, air sealing, roofing, handyman, remodelers, duct cleaning and/or replacement
- Those interested in a new career
- Minimum survey inspected features/report requirements
- Basics of heat transfer concepts
- Building performance testing and Air distribution leakage
- Definitions, energy terminology and energy units
- Combustion appliance concerns
- Basics of envelope leakage, thermal bypass and thermal bridging
- Determining envelope insulation, quality and recommended levels
- Determining HVAC, appliance and window/door efficiencies
- Determining shading and building orientation characteristics
- Determining thermal boundaries.
- The house as an interactive system
Course Package: $799
Questions? Call 1-800-518-1877
Energy Auditor Field Guide ($49) --- Describes best practices used in assessing the performance of existing homes. Order Now.
Need a HESP Provider?
Our HESP Training Course Package includes your HESP Provider fee for the first year. After the first year, you will need to renew your HESP Provider agreement in order for your certification to remain valid.
Need Exam Only?
You can purchase the HESP exam for re-test or re-certification. $99
I have taken the RESNET Level I and II Home Energy Survey Professional and the BPI Building Analyst I Training with Dallas Jones of Green Training USA. My training experience was exceptional. Dallas brings both his knowledge of home energy and his field experience into the classroom and presents it in an organized, easy to follow manner. The field demonstrations of the diagnostic equipment and techniques presented by Dallas provided me with a wealth of knowledge. I would highly recommend Dallas Jones and Green Training USA to anyone who is considering training in the home energy field.
Energy Raters of East Texas, LLC.
Great Class! Great Instructor! Top Notch! I’ve gone through a lot of classes in my 20 plus years; yours is among the best.
Fox Inspection Group
I thought the training was thorough and well taught. I do not believe I could have passed the exam without such a good course. I would recommend this course for anyone starting out in the Energy Audit field.
Green Training USA provided me with the basic knowledge and hands-on skills to start doing home energy audits immediately. The instructor was focused on the required training content and was also very responsive to questions from the participants. He was able to answer both practical and technical questions and blend them into the general discussion. The test preparation materials were very good and I had no problem passing the RESNET Level II Exam. Overall I am very happy with the course and the results.
Mason-Dixon Home Inspection Services
I would like to salute Green Training USA on the excellent quality of your BPI training course. The instructor, Dallas Jones, was very knowledgeable on the subject matter and presented the material in an efficient and interesting manner. The course materials were professionally prepared and very helpful. I look forward to working with Green Training USA in the future and I will attend future training programs.
Building Inspection Service
Since Todd’s staff took Green Training USA's training and become BPI and RESNET certified, we have experienced an increase in pride in ourselves and our customers. Our BPI and RESNET certified technicians carry and share their expertise proudly. Our customers trust that expertise and easily welcome our “experts” into their homes. We have had local news recognize us as the experts, also. It is extremely rewarding as our customers call us after completing the work in their homes to thank us for finally being comfortable. The word is spreading fast that we are the experts in comfort. On top of all of this we are experiencing a growing customer base and revenue. Becoming BPI and RESNET certified and partnering with Home Energy Team was, by far, the best business decision we could have made. Now we are not just a “heating & cooling company,” but we are becoming known as the “Experts in Home Comfort".
Todds Heating and Cooling
By taking the BPI Building Analyst and BPI Envelope Combined Course through Green Training USA, I was able to save money on the course and exam fees. And, since I completed their self-paced online study prior to taking their hands-on site training, I was only away from my business for a few days. Now I’m going to get both certifications sooner and be eligible for more government/utility programs a lot earlier than if I had taken the classes separately. Many thanks to the team at Green Training USA.
Atlas Home Energy Solutions
Save Time & Money
with online training
Learn Now, Pay Later
Home Performance Business Tools
- Energy Audit Software
- Job Pricing Calculator
- Project Management Portal
90-Day FREE Trial
Request a FREE
or submit this form...