Electric IR - United Infrared Module
Learn how to use infrared thermography to perform preventive maintenance inspections on electrical equipment to locate electrical faults such as loose connections, overloaded or imbalanced circuits, faulty breakers, damaged switches, faulty fuses and a wide range of other unwanted electrical conditions.
Learn how thermography is used to see the excess heat (resistance) so that problems can be found and maintenance personnel can act to correct them before the component fails, causing damage to the component, safety hazards and/or production downtime. In addition, learn how to run and market your business for success. This is an intense 3-day course with several prerequisites (see below).
Training is delivered by United Infrared, THE industry leaders in infrared thermography.
Why sign up with us? When you sign up though Green Training USA, you get a complimentary 6-month membership in United Infrared INCLUDED ($300 VALUE. Reg. $600/year) - and membership is REQUIRED to take this course. Includes many valuable membership benefits (see below for details).
Course Package Includes:
- 3 days in-class and hands-on training course
- Final exam
- Report templates, contracts, brochure and promotional display templates
- 6-month complimentary membership to United Infrared ($300 VALUE. Reg. $600/year) - membership is required to take any United Infrared course. Membership includes:
- Sophisticated National Marketing Campaign
- Leads by Territory
- Advertising documents and videos that you can use and customize
- Continued 1-on-1 marketing, sales and business support from industry leaders Greg Stockton and Peter Hopkins
- Weekly business strategy webinars
- Legal documents for the IR survey (report template, invoicing and disclaimers, etc.)
Course Details & Timetable
It is strongly recommended that you have experience working around electrical switchgear.
An ElectricIR™ Certificate of Completion will not be awarded until the following requirements have been met:
- Level II Infrared Thermography Certification from an approved training organization. (Electrical infrared testing will require quantitative infrared image analysis.)
- Certificate of completion from Arc Flash NFPA 70E or an approved NFPA 70 E Arc Flash Training course.
- Licensed copies of NFPA 70E and NFPA 70B.
The following must be brought with you to the class:
- Complete Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for 11-Cal/cm2 applications: Coveralls, natural fiber under layer, hard hat, face shield, hearing protection, gloves, and leather boots with rubber soles. (Contact us if you do not have these items.)
- A radiometric IR camera with a minimum spatial resolution of 256 x 256 pixels, and have a firm understanding of how to operate your camera.
- A laptop computer with IR report generating software and a firm understanding of how to run the image software; Microsoft Word 2007 (at a minimum).
Questions? Call 1-800-518-1877
I have taken the RESNET Level I and II Home Energy Survey Professional and the BPI Building Analyst I Training with Dallas Jones of Green Training USA. My training experience was exceptional. Dallas brings both his knowledge of home energy and his field experience into the classroom and presents it in an organized, easy to follow manner. The field demonstrations of the diagnostic equipment and techniques presented by Dallas provided me with a wealth of knowledge. I would highly recommend Dallas Jones and Green Training USA to anyone who is considering training in the home energy field.
Energy Raters of East Texas, LLC.
Great Class! Great Instructor! Top Notch! I’ve gone through a lot of classes in my 20 plus years; yours is among the best.
Fox Inspection Group
I thought the training was thorough and well taught. I do not believe I could have passed the exam without such a good course. I would recommend this course for anyone starting out in the Energy Audit field.
Green Training USA provided me with the basic knowledge and hands-on skills to start doing home energy audits immediately. The instructor was focused on the required training content and was also very responsive to questions from the participants. He was able to answer both practical and technical questions and blend them into the general discussion. The test preparation materials were very good and I had no problem passing the RESNET Level II Exam. Overall I am very happy with the course and the results.
Mason-Dixon Home Inspection Services
I would like to salute Green Training USA on the excellent quality of your BPI training course. The instructor, Dallas Jones, was very knowledgeable on the subject matter and presented the material in an efficient and interesting manner. The course materials were professionally prepared and very helpful. I look forward to working with Green Training USA in the future and I will attend future training programs.
Building Inspection Service
Since Todd’s staff took Green Training USA's training and become BPI and RESNET certified, we have experienced an increase in pride in ourselves and our customers. Our BPI and RESNET certified technicians carry and share their expertise proudly. Our customers trust that expertise and easily welcome our “experts” into their homes. We have had local news recognize us as the experts, also. It is extremely rewarding as our customers call us after completing the work in their homes to thank us for finally being comfortable. The word is spreading fast that we are the experts in comfort. On top of all of this we are experiencing a growing customer base and revenue. Becoming BPI and RESNET certified and partnering with Home Energy Team was, by far, the best business decision we could have made. Now we are not just a “heating & cooling company,” but we are becoming known as the “Experts in Home Comfort".
Todds Heating and Cooling
By taking the BPI Building Analyst and BPI Envelope Combined Course through Green Training USA, I was able to save money on the course and exam fees. And, since I completed their self-paced online study prior to taking their hands-on site training, I was only away from my business for a few days. Now I’m going to get both certifications sooner and be eligible for more government/utility programs a lot earlier than if I had taken the classes separately. Many thanks to the team at Green Training USA.
Atlas Home Energy Solutions
I really liked the course and will definitely consider more training from your company. I liked Dallas's presentational style, and he changed his shirt for each segment! Makes him look like a real person. I've seen some pretty deadly (boring) energy videos through the years but this training kept me engaged and I learned a lot!
Northwest Colorado Council of Governments
Request a FREE
or submit this form...