BOMI Refrigeration Systems & Accessories
Maintaining the proper comfort level in an office environment is essential for tenant satisfaction. Refrigeration equipment is a key component of an air-conditioning system that must be properly maintained and operated at maximum efficiency.
This course reviews the basic refrigeration cycle and refrigeration system components, as well as how to operate and maintain reciprocating and absorption refrigeration systems. You will gain the skills and knowledge to describe the principles of refrigeration and identify the performance characteristics of refrigeration components. You will also learn how to establish maintenance processes and troubleshooting techniques.
Who Should Take This Course?
Facility managers, building operators, maintenance technicians
Continuing Education Credit Opportunities:
- American Council on Education (ACE) credit recommendation: 2 semester hours, lower division baccalaureate in Stationary Engineering, Building Technology, Facilities Management, or Engineering Technologies.
- U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) recommendation: 18 GBCI continuing education hours towards the LEED Credential Maintenance Program.
- This is one of 5 required courses to earn the SMT designation from BOMI. Course participants receive a certificate of completion for the BOMI Refrigeration Systems and Accessories course upon successful completion of this course.
- Working knowledge of refrigeration systems that can be integrated into an existing building
- Recognizing, setting up, and maintaining a reliable and effective refrigeration system
- Troubleshooting of refrigeration systems and accessories, and general maintenance
- Understanding of the computer technology used to operate refrigeration systems
- Refrigeration cycles and principles
- Mechanical components of refrigeration systems
- Systematic troubleshooting
- General maintenance procedures
Course Tuition: $1,750
Questions? Call 1-800-518-1877
or submit this form...